cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery address replication from ECC to SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

We are onboarding a punch-out vendor in SRM. The Vendor said that they won't read the delivery address sent by us in the PO output, but would rather pre-store all the delivery addresses and their codes.

The code would be auto read & this way they can ship immediately with just 1 day lead time.

We are using classic scenario and noticed that when the PO is created in the backend, it always creates a new address number each time , even for the same address.

We are mulling about a process where the Ship to address would be created in ECC and replicated to SRM , with the same number as ECC.

So my question is :

1) Is it possible to replicate the Addresses from ECC to SRM using any report or ALE?If yes what is the process for the same.

2) Can we maintain the number range of the Ship to address object in SRM as external, so that ECC and SRM has the same #s.

Thanks

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

There is one bug in SRM, please apply the following SAP Notes to correct it.

Note 1404933 - Duplicate entries in ADRC table (ECC) for suppliers

If solved it, please give me the points. Thanks.

Guoyu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kedar

your expectation is valid. This is one of the expectations from SAP too on delivery address.

still SAP has to work on this. since we can not do many duplicate work in SRM like lot of ship to address needs to be created.

some mechanism must built by SAP to transfer this data to SRM from ECC.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Muthu ! I agrred with this. We hve Stoarge location address as Delivery address in our Classic POa nd its number is huge ... 15000 !!!

This is our biggest pain in our implemention and we are struggling now build enhancement for same.

I am going to write SAP on this ...

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Any update from SAP to replicate the ADRC from SAP ECC to SRM 7.0. If anything, please share with me.

Thanks

Hari.

Edited by: Harinath Krishnamoorthy on Nov 10, 2011 9:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both for yr replies!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kedar,

1) Is it possible to replicate the Addresses from ECC to SRM using any report or ALE?If yes what is the process for the same.

Ans : You can create delivery address in SRM from ECC by creating a Report and Utilizing RFC function module to read address

data from ECC and creating the same in SRM through FM BBP_BUPA_ADDRESS_ADD [i hope the FM is correct as i do not have the system now].

I dont know of any standard interface though ....

2) Can we maintain the number range of the Ship to address object in SRM as external, so that ECC and SRM has the same #s.

Ans : Does not look possible to be .. since there are amny type of addresses in the system all uses the same internal number range. You can utilize some of unused field in delivery address to store the address number of ECC system like Building code , Street_suppl 3 etc ...

However i suggest do not make things complex and keep it simple.

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam