cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

renaming and moving files from sapadata1 to sapdata1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey everyone,

We have run into an issue today where one of the basis people installing SAP for some reason created a directory called:

sapadata1 (instead of sapdata1).

I would perfer not to re-install, and belive we can move this over after the install using OEM (or some other tool), but am not %100 sure on this one.

Could someone let me know if this is an issue, or if there is a way we can migrate this over at a later time?

Thank you everyone for your help.

Richard

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Using BRTools the datafiles can be moved from one directory to other much easily You do not need to reinstall SAP for this.

You can proceed as per the steps below.

1. Create a new directory called *sapdata1*
2. Execute *BRTools* as the user <SID>ADM or ORA<SID>(if ur OS is UNIX or Linux)
3. Continue as follows,

'2' - Space management
'6' - Move data file
'c'ontinue
'c'ontinue
'1' = Move data file
select the datafile to be moved by entering the "file number"
'3' ? Move destination (destination) ..... ["path of the new directory"]
set  '6' - Force instance shutdown (force) to "yes" if u want BRTools to shutdown the database
select 'c'ontinue till the process completes.

NB: The database will be brought to mount state during this process and thus u need a downtime to do this activity.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much guys!

I will give this a shot, and looks like we will be good from here!

thanks again,

RIchard

former_member709110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suppose one way can be to create a new mount point sapdata1 and manually copy the datafiles over and then excute the alter database rename file . Only problem is that it would need some downtime, as you have bring down the database to do it.

Regards,

Neel