cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way we can control the PO output from a workflow. I am trying to have the PO sent to Vendors via e-mail only if it is completely approved else system never sends the PO to the vendor.

I had a look at help for actions -> Start conditions and it clearly mentions I cannot do it from Start Condition.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can link the PO to an approval workflo, till it is not approved, output cannot be processed.

You can also define condition dependent output in customozing.

May one of this solution satisfy your need ?

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pierre,

That was helpful. Can you please give me more information on how I can handle this from workflow?

Also what condition can be used in actions?

Regards,

Rahul

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the avaible standard workflow in the start condition for object type bus2201.

There a one step approval workflow (WS14000089) that send the PO to the manager of the purchasing group. A dynamic one is also avaible if you need more approvers.

For condition dependent output, you use the BOR object BUS2201 as well to define the output condition.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pierre,

But some more details now. We are using the WS14500015 for our PO approvals. Do we need to create a separate task to output the PO from this workflow? I am not able to understand how from workflow I can control this?

Alternatively, I am using the BOR2201, but there are many elements to be used in the container. Specifically which one is to be used? Can you please give exact expression to be used.

Regards,

Rahul

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this in 2 steps:

First activate the standard workflow for all PO, no need to add a specific task.

Second, use condition based ouput and test the attribute table "STATUSTABLE" of BUS2201. If it contains the value I1015 meaning "awaiting approval", the PO is still in approval process. If it does not contain this value, the PO has been approved and you can launch the output.

You can see the status of a PO and their meaning using transaction BBP_PD.

Rgds,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pierre,

Let me do tihs and come back later. Many Thanks

Rahul

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

you want to output PO "only if it is completely approved".

You have nothing to do. This is standard: the PO is edited only once ordered, i.e. once approved.

So you don't have to develop anything, with WF or else.

To force email medium, you could set this medium in the vendor master data (there is a report to change the vendor medium in mass).

You can also disable other output actions in SPRO.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the output after approvals is standard, but this is only for the new POs. I was looking foir a solution after the PO is changed.

We are using extended classic scenario, outputting the POs after the sourcing cockpit automatically creates the POs. these POs do not need any approvals and hence all well.

In case where we have incomplete SCs, the POs are ceated by Purchase Administrator fom Sourcing Cockpit where he can change the value for the PO. If this happens, we want to force the W/F and only allow the output after Approvals. If this is standard as well, then I need not do anything.

2nd case - When we change the PO, all POs need approval and we want the re-output only after the PO is approved by all authorization levels.

As for using the medium - e-mail, we are not directly mailing the POs to Vendors in Phase-1. We have done a little bespoke development where the code will send the e-mail with PO as pdf format to the requisitioner of the SC. The requisitioner will then manually print off the PO and send it to the Vendor. I am comfortable with this bit.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CHris,

Any help?

Regards,

Rahul