cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bpm usage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where Legacy sends out a file and the data goes into the sap tables. All the fields that legacy sends are not being used in ECC. Validations have to be done at the ECC end and two fields in the sender structure which are error code and error description have to be filled out and the file has to be send back to legacy.

The issue is while sending back, ECC becomes the sender and legacy the receiver. While doing the mapping, I donot have all the fields being mapped on the receiver because they have not been used when legacy sends them. The situation is that the file has to look exactly like the way it was send except those two fields to be added upon validation.

Do I need to have BPM for this ?

Is there anyway I could do without using BPM ?

Much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The issue is while sending back, ECC becomes the sender and legacy the receiver. While doing the mapping, I donot have all the fields being mapped on the receiver because they have not been used when legacy sends them. The situation is that the file has to look exactly like the way it was send except those two fields to be added upon validation.

Rewrite your ECC proxy code and send back all data that are expected.

ECC has the data, so why not provide it?

The sender always must send all information that the receiver requires.

It does not make any sense at all to increase development work and decrease runtime performance on PI side, just because ECC do not send the data..

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC hasnt got the entire data because in the first place,while sending data from legacy, I am not sending all the fields as ECC doesnt require all the fields that the sender has. So, now while coming back from ECC, I cannot map the ECC fields to those fields that have not been sent by the legacy. Are you suggesting me to send all the fields from the legacy to ECC in the first place so I can send back those fields to legacy ?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Are you suggesting me to send all the fields from the legacy to ECC in the first place so I can send back those fields to legacy ?

Yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using PI 7.1, you can use the RFC lookups and then can make this as File to File scenario.

regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no need of BPM for this.

Can you describe your scenario in some more detail.. I mean is it a SOAP to synchronous proxy scenario or what?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a proxy at the ECC end. File to proxy and then file goes back to legacy.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My bad, its an asynchronous proxy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using asynchronous proxy then how are you sending back the response to XI?

Are you calling an oubbound proxy inside inbound proxy? If yes, then...

1. I suggest you to use synchronous inbound proxy along with BPM so that you can send the response to legacy otherwise it will be not possible to send the response back to your legacy system.

2. You can also use RFC (if you dont have any standard RFC then create your own ZRFC). Here is an example with BPM..

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

OR

3. You can also achieve this without BPM.. here are some examples of FILE-RFC-FILE..

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without+BPM%29