cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 9.2 32bit upgrade to Oracle 10g 64bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on upgrading from Oracle 9.2 to Oracle 10.64bit. In this process the source system sid is QAS and the target system sid is DE0.

I have completed the steps to copy the database from an Offline backup to the target system.

I have completed the steps in SAP Note 932722 and am trying to run the perl remotedbua.pl and I am getting an error. What seems to be the issue is that QAS was made from a systemcopy from PRD.

When running the perl script the DBSID is still set to PRD while the SAPSID is QAS and that is causing the perl script to error out with:

connect('','sys@(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=bbsapqa)(PORT=1527

))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=PRD)))',...) failed: ORA-12505: TNS:listener does

not curre

ntly know of SID given in connect descriptor (DBD ERROR: OCIServerAttach)

at g:\

oracle\DE0\102\BIN\remotedbua.pl line 56

Connect to QAS failed

Anyone have any ideas? If possible I would not have an issue doing these steps manually instead of using the perl script but I would need to know what the manual steps are.

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please adapt your listener.ora and tnsnames.ora to the new environment so that connection to the new database can be established.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

That has already been done. tnsping to the remote system seems to work with no issues. I have also created the orapw and connected to the remote system using sqlplus with no issues.

This issue surrounds the fact that this was a system copy and the dbsid is still the original.