cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to enhance TM WD4A Components?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to TM area and in learning stages. My requirement is to enhance the layout for WD4A component 'FITE_VC_REVIEW' which is an integrated component within FITV_FPM. Which method would be better to enhance this? Create a Enhancement Implementation or make a 'Z' copy of this component? If I make a 'Z' copy then where in IMG I should map this custom component?

Also, how can I enable debug mode when I am running TM WD4A applications?

Are there any books or is there any help available that explains the technical area of TM? I am really having hard time finding help for this.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to recommend making a Z component out of this. Please use rather the enhancement point as it is deliver to create your modification. Furthermore, you can use also the BADI TRIP_WEB_CHECK in standard.

Regards,

Raynard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: Paparao Undavali on Sep 21, 2010 2:00 PM

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Why you wanted to create a Z component, if you can brief the requirement that will be better to help you out better. Based on the below information, it is difficult to understand.

Regards,

S.Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses.

My requirement involves updating text and insert new UI elements. I know that in WD4A, enhancements is better than 'Z' copy, but what I am not sure of is within TM do we have any back-end customizing tables where in the component assignments are made? While debugging I saw that most of the components are dynamically loaded and so I was wondering if this is through some mapping table or something similar.

Can you please confirm if we have any such customizing table in TM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Posted in [Web Dynpro ABAP Forum|; instead!