Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Copy/Paste / Ctrl-Y and CTRL-V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any way to disable the Copy/Paste function in the SAPGUI? Especially disabling the key commands CTRL-Y and CTRL-C.

The customer would like to disable any kind of copy function

Thanks in advance

hs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this before for ALV grids, but am not sure whether it was a missing feature or infact an intended and possibly optional one.

I suspect the former case to be true, so you will need to use SAPGui engineering to disable it and ensure that the users cannot connect from a machine they have control over to the server or an older SAPGui version. These sort of preferences have typically also been HKEY_CURRENT_USER settings so you might have trouble retro-fitting it as well.

Which SAPGui version are you using? There is a new "SAPGui Security Center" available in 7.20 which might offer this control (amongst several others).

Cheers,

Julius

@ Nishant: Personally I have used the camera on my iPhone but some installations ban cameras, so I bought a "Teach yourself photographic memory in 21 days" course and have not looked back since. I can also count cards if they let me see them...

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Holger,

I do not know answer to your question but I am still curiuos to know what do we achieve by doing this ? and how are we disabling PrintScreen tab in any desktop or laptop ?

0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

the customer wants tight security on his system: The user should not be able to cut&paste HR data for example into emails or other application that could be sent to the outside world. ALso all usb ports etc are disabled.

I can't go into details here - security issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have seen this before for ALV grids, but am not sure whether it was a missing feature or infact an intended and possibly optional one.

I suspect the former case to be true, so you will need to use SAPGui engineering to disable it and ensure that the users cannot connect from a machine they have control over to the server or an older SAPGui version. These sort of preferences have typically also been HKEY_CURRENT_USER settings so you might have trouble retro-fitting it as well.

Which SAPGui version are you using? There is a new "SAPGui Security Center" available in 7.20 which might offer this control (amongst several others).

Cheers,

Julius

@ Nishant: Personally I have used the camera on my iPhone but some installations ban cameras, so I bought a "Teach yourself photographic memory in 21 days" course and have not looked back since. I can also count cards if they let me see them...

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

thx for the answer. The 7.20 SAPGUI way sounds promising - we will have a check. The customer is willing to do whatever settings (Windows, SAP) needs to be done - luckily, he has central configuration management for all desktops.

cheers

holger

0 Kudos

Holger,

I'm attaching a link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/rightsmgmt/default.mspx

This is something that has been specifically designed for high security requirements particularly within government / military environments. Your client may find that this is of more use as they can have a single method of locking down several areas rather than have multiple products or processes.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

this sounds great as well, I forward this as another test proposal. I guess the custmer will have to do some homework. ...

thx

Holger