cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: program XYZ not registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Suddenly i am getting TCP/IP RFC "ERROR: program XYZ not registered" . I have checked & found "SAP Note 353597 - Registration of a server program" & registred this program using below command

rfcexec -a XYX -g Hostname -x sapgwNN &

But the issue is that when i logout from the unix window its again start failing. So i have scheduled this in background. Now i need to mention this in "inittab" so after reboot i do not need to run this again & for this i need root access.

Now point is that there are any way so i can do this without mentioning entry in "inittab"

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this question belongs ages ago, but posting my query hoping to get an answer.

I am also facing the same issue. I registered the LDAP_CONNECTOR with the gateway in the way as you did ( os: Winsows 7). but if I close the command prompt, its going to be deregistered.

Could you tell me the solution if any.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also keep in mind that registration is basically starting a process at one end so that the RFC connection at another e nd can talk to. If the registered program process dies, there is no one for that RFC to talk to therefore you need to make sure that registered program(the program that you started) is going to stay running for that RFC to keep communicating. It is like a phone call, if the other end hangs up there is no one to talk to.

With the "nohup xyz.sh &" as I descirbed above you are going to be able to have the process running even though you logout from your telnet or any other terminal session.

Neval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naval,

Thanks for reply!!

I have Already used this method but this is not a permanent solution. I just wanted to know that just we use program ID as a destination to communicate with external system. So what mechanism works in this connection. Do we mention gatway & host information in this program ID on external system.

Thanks & Regards

Rudra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rudra,

If you do not want to put this command to inittab, you can create a shell script and run it at the OS in the background with nohup. Here is how:

1- Create a xyz.sh :

vi xyz.sh

rfcexec -a XYX -g Hostname -x sapgwNN &

2- Set execute permissions:

chmod 755 xyz.sh

3- Execute the command in the background and you can logout from your session and this process will still contineu to run: nohup xyz.sh &

I hope this is what you were looking for.

Neval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please help me in this.

former_member709110
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is bit confusing ... the registration should be only one time activity. Can you double check and ensure you have followed also the steps mentioned in the note correctly .

Also if possible paste the log/trace for that RFC .

Regards,

Neel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I know that registration is one time activity & i m also not understanding why it's happening . I have registered manually & switch on trace & when i came out from the screen it again abbended. Below are the trace logs. I did not see any error in the below logs.

*** trace for (Hostname / XYZ(program)) sapsys[187] enabled ***

IN:
---
ReqType     : CPIC         SysIdx  : 187    ReqLen  : 80     ReqId   : 1373
CommIdx     : -1           ConnIdx : -1     ReqVer  : 6      Trace   : 0
conn        : -1           wp_no   : -1     ReqBlk  : -1
RqType      : SAP_ACCPTP   Prot    : REG    UID     : -1     Mode    : 0
User        :              SapRc   : 0      AppcRc  : 0      ConvId  : H0
Info        : SYNC_CPIC_FUNCTION
GwFreeMemory: free 0x60000002540bb9d0 (len=34615)
GwFreeMemory: act_overflow_size = 576 (- 34615)
Set reg_status of 187 to WAITING
Accept TP = XYZ (Hostname)
GwReadReqIndex: (process_id: -1)
GwReadReqIndex: no filled request-index-block

Thu Sep 16 06:29:12 2010
NiICloseHandle: shutdown and close hdl 40 / sock 51

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to registered this program in SAP gateway.....

Can any one who has faced issue like this will do help me.