cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interan locational number

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Folks,

Please let me know the what is the importance of the field " International location code " which is in the customer master general data and in the control data tab page .

How to populate the same in IDoc

Also let melknow how to make use the above field.

Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thaks a lot for the Heads up.

Please let me how to implement this GLN functionality for customer and need to write the GLN nubmer in the Idoc and also give me directions is there any config/customizising need to be done to acheive the above requirement.

Regards,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram

Sorry I was busy and could not attend to your question yesterday.

The implementation depends upon your requirement. Firstly maintain the data in customer Master. If your customers are sending EDI orders with ILNNR, then carry out proper mapping to the segment/field mentioned. If it is to be printed or sent in output messages, Packing labels insert the logic in the print programs. Or if your company wants to use ILNNR in its transactions with its customers and vendors, then you have to apply for it from those Standards Organizations and then go from there.

It all depends upon what needs to be done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rambabu

International Location Number (ILN) - I think it is now called as Global Location Number (GLN) but not sure- is a world-wide, Unique Identification Number issued by a Global standards organization u2013 EAN and UCC. It Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium have certain legal requirements around using ILN. It facilitates identifying the supplier and forms part of the EAN/UPC bar code on the Product or Package (Handling Unit in SAP). It is also finding a lot of favor and application in the Retail industry.

It is a 13 digit code, made up of 3 parts, Location 1 ( first 7 digits), Location 2( next 5 digits) and a check digit field.

Read about in the links I am providing.

AS per where it figures in the ORDERSXX Idoc ( used by SD and MM)

Segment: E1EDKA1

Field: ILNNR

This is qualified with filed PARVW- Partner function- e.g., AG for Sold-to and so on.

http://www.transora.com/documents/Getting%20Started/GLN%20Guide.pdf

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/2d/584bd1a70f11d2b44e006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

Hope this helps. And hopefully others will weigh in with their inputs.