cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing standard ESS component using WebDynproJava.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am a WebDynpro Java developer. I am new to ESS . My requirement is to customize the Open Enrollment (need to add a pop-up window to the existing Open enrollment flow). Our Portal version is NW 7.0 EPH!1 and NWDS version is NW 7.0.

Please let me know what all i need to know to customize the standard ESS component and also suggest any document that shows the step by step process starting from NWDI till deploying the customized component in NWDS.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can just see that you need this for 700 and the above document I sent is for 711. I leave it there since it can be useful for others for future searches, but coming back to your question, for 700 you can find some tutorials (also covering popups) in

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/ba2db0e5-0601-0010-9790-e271902f2...

I hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

The documents is very informative. I have 2 questions:

1) For the ESS compnents do we have to know the Floor Plan manager framework?

2) I tried to create the pop-up window as shows in the document...

IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("Popupwindow");

IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createModalWindow(windowInfo);

wdContext.currentPopUpElement().setPopupwindow(window);

It is giving the following error in the last statement

"The method currentPopUpElement() is undefined for the type IPrivatePopupcompView.IContextNode" .

Why is it giving this error??

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there's no difference in altering the ESS components than altering any other WD DC. You just import the development config for ESS, create a project for the corresponding DC, and then create the pop up as per your demand. In other words, I guess you could also raise the question in a more generic way: how to create popups in WD for java. Is this correct? If yes, then indeed this is the correct place to discuss this issue.

If yes, please let me know whether the following guide helps:

"New Features of Web Dynpro Popup Window - SAP NetWeaver CE 7.11" -- http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a04870c5-749b-2b10-06ba-d25515ef39e3&override...

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there you go:

1. once you need to know how to work with NWDI:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/03/f6bc3d42f46c33e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

(you can also find the link here to NWDS)

2. You need to know how to deal with ESS development, here you go, see the guide inside the following note

#872892 - JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS (http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/872892)

Here you'll find an attachment NWDI.zip, and that includes as PDF file which I kindly ask you to read very carefully even multiple times if necessary.

Let me know if you need other guides, but I believe this is a plenty of material, but this should be a nice starting point.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

Thank you so much for the immediate response. The NWDI link has a lot of useful information. I will go through it. I was unable to open the other link as i donot have the SAP Market place login. I have requested my manager for the same. Once i get the login i will go through it and get back to you incase i need any information.

Thanks again.

Sujata

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sujata,

I am glad to hear if I could help. Please close this thread and raise upcoming questions in a new thread.

An other reason for this is that I believe this question rather belongs to the NWDI forum, please raise your next question there:

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Edited by: Ervin Szolke on Sep 15, 2010 9:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have checked the note "#872892 - JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS " . This has the information about how to deal with NWDI with regard to the ESS but i need to know how to modify the ESS components in NWDS using the WebDynpo JAVA. Can you please let me know if they are any documents that has a details explanation of the same.

The reason why i posted the thred in WDJ is that i need to know in detail about the step by step procedure in NWDS to modify the ESS components.

My requirement is to add a pop-up window to the Open enrollment service of the ESS BP. This requires the UI level chnage to be done using the WDJ. This is what i would like to know in detail.

Sujata