cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Transport request in Virtual system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup the STMS , where we do not have production server hence i have used virtual system.

All Transport request moved from Dev to Quality which appears fine the queue of QAS Server, but not appearing in Production Server which is virtaul.

kindly advise.

Thanks you

irfan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan,

Please go to tx se01 put it the request number which is already transported in QAS. Click on logs.

There you can see if Request waiting for QA approval or Selection for Import in virtual PRD.

Hope this helps !!!!!!

Thanks,

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

We do not have any QA Approval procedure, but all requests are assigned to one project.

Seconldy i went into the Tcode SE01 entered the released transport number but i could not see any such logs which says waiting for QA approval.

all it says is this..

Log Overview for DEVK900421

DEVK900421 MM-Release Strategy

DEV System DEV

Checks at Operating System Level 14.09.2010 02:14:24 (0) Successfully Completed

Pre-Export Methods 14.09.2010 02:14:27 (0) Successfully Completed

Export 14.09.2010 02:14:33 (0) Successfully Completed

Import steps not specific to transport request

QAS Quality Server

Selection for Import 14.09.2010 02:14:33 (0) Successfully Completed

-> Continue: Other Transport Ggroup 14.09.2010 14:53:51 (0) Successfully Completed

Import steps not specific to transport request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Irfan,

As logs clearly specifies that :

1. Request is exported from DEV

2. Selection for import in QAS

3. Once you will set up your production system export would be done to PRD and request would ask for Selection for import in PRD.

Since now you are using virtual system so datafiles and cofiles are already created for the same. Once you set up real PRD manually transport the requests you need to PRD system.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Shobhit Garg

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Irfan,

Did you establish a Delivery route from QAS to VIR(soon to be PRD) system?

If not go to STMS in client 000 in the domain controller(I assume that is your DEV system) and create the delivery route between QAS and VIR

- STMS--> Click on Transport routes > Goto graphical editor>Change--> Drag and drop the VIR system link QAS system to PRD. At the pop-up screen choose Delivery --> Source system: QAS recipient system :VIR.

Save, Activate and distribute.

Then you should be able to go to STMS --> Systems and see a list of transports for the VIR system.

I hope this helps.

Neval

Edited by: Neval Ozturk on Sep 15, 2010 10:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

if it is normal virtual system then you cannot transport anything to that.It is just a dummy for the future expansion.It only generate the data file and cofile for the future system.

former_member215759
Active Participant
0 Kudos

do you have QA approval steps setup in yout test system? If yes, try to approve firstly, and check again.