cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palletization data not copied during LT10 or LT01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

While doing manual transfers from an interim storage type (Ex 902 or 921) to an open storage, the palletization data not copied from the material master data.Irrespective of the pallet data defined in the Mat master , system is creating one SU for the whole quantity in 902.Why is this happening ? No capacity check defined for the open storage bin. What I assume is when the IM postings taken place , then the pallet data copied but not in case of WM postings.In this case , what happens if the user some times manually move the stock from interim areas to open storage ? Please advise.

Thanks in adavance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you will find that as LT10 amd LT01 both use movement type 999 this will allow you to specifiy a qty (in the case of LT10 all of it) and to move it.

The palletization data tells you that there are XXX on a pallet but if you decide to put extra away it will let you

You couls set capacity limits on your bins to equal your palletization data

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the open storage the capacity is not set for bins.I know this is an exceptional case, but by mistake user does this transaction and surprised why the SU is not created for defined quantity in Material master data.Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the user is moving stock from an Interim st type such as 902 there should be a Transfer Requirement and the Transfer Order should be created from this.

This will automatically calculate from your palletization data

movement 999 is there to allow you to move what you want where you want.

This sounds like atraining/discipline issue to me

You should have SOP's for each process and if the user insistst in using LT01/LT10 then you will get errors

Also your system will fill up with unprocessed Transfer Requirements

The user MUST follow the correct steps if not thentheir manager should get involved and..............................

I hope that this helps

Frenchy