cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Stored User for deployment in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had a mistake when I wrote the password of the user that deploys in NWDS. NWDS has stored that user, so now I can't deploy. Please, anyone know where I can clean or reset this user in the NWDS?

Thanks & Regards

SU

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

bert_salyga
Explorer
0 Kudos

In NWDS 7.31 you can edit or delete the stored deployment user through:

Window->Preferences->General->Security->Secure Storage->Contents->Default Storage->com.sap.jeeServer.admin and then select your java server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was facing the same problem but just like what Raja Arun said, go to windows -> preference -> general -> security -> secure storage -> contents -> now find ur saved user id & password and just delete it.

It worked for me

Also, my nwds version is : 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a helpful thread.  Thanks guys.

I think my situation is similar.  The user ID field in the image below is grayed-out and locked.  I have a valid username/password that I can use to do this login, but NWDS won't let me enter it.

So I followed the advice in the previous post and went to:

Window > Preferences > General > Security > Secure Storage

the screenshot below shows what I found:  No entry for the NWDI servers.  What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Barry

rakesh82
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Barry,

I guess your problem would have been solved by now. If you are still not able to use your Id and password, try below steps:

1. Delete/Remove the Current SC, if you are trying to resync the same.

2. Logon to NWDS-DI using the your ID and password, goto Track and Import the Required SC .

3. Again it will ask for your ID and Pwd. Whatever ID you us now will be the one it will show greyed out while re-syncing the DC's.

4. Now Try, you can see your ID on the Pop Up.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rakesh Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh.  I ended up creating a new NWDS workspace and pulling in the SC with the new credentials.  Same basic effect as your suggestion, I think.

Thanks,

Barry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

You can delete the stored password in windows -> perference -> General -> Security -> Secure Storage.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

do not change the cepadm, as this is your <sid>adm and I believe this user is not meant for deployement.

As mentioned the j2ee administrator user (or a user which has equivalent rights) is meant to be the deployer user.

Can you please just make a test and attempt to deploy using this user (if this is a standalone engine, then the user called Administrator, if this is a double-stack (abap+java) then the user called J2EE_Admin)? From the error message it is visible that cepadm is simply not authorized to deploy.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

Edited by: Ervin Szolke on Sep 15, 2010 12:15 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

Thanks for all your support. Due to all the trouble I assign Developer rol to this user. Now it has the permissions and it works. Is not the right solution, but I thought fix this was an easy step.

I'm working with only JAVA Stack (SAP NW CE 7.2). I always deploy web dynpro apps with NWDS so (as you can see in my problem) I can't deploy with another user than cedadm because it was saved when I did my first deploy to QAS WAS.

Thanks & Regards

SU

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the developer user the following roles are necessary:

#840523 - NWDI server configuration: user, group and security role

Best Regards,

Ervin

jainmayank85
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SU,

Just do one thing, create new workspace and you will be able to provide user/password again.

Thanks

Mayank

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To see some error please switch on the -- PDE Runtime -- "Error Log" view. You find it in Window -- Show View -- Other...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin,

The user is cepadm, (I need to change it to "cepadministrator" that has the authorizations for deployment)

This is the trace,

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.APIException: DeployException,cause=[ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1023] AuthorizationException.

Reason: , An error occurred during the deployer retrieval. Cause =ASJ.dpl_dc.003151 The user cepadm could not be authorized, because doesn't own the (com.sap.engine.interfaces.security.ServiceAccessPermission dc) permission for deploy controller.

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.dc.cm.security.authorize.AuthorizationException: ASJ.dpl_dc.003151 The user cepadm could not be authorized, because doesn't own the (com.sap.engine.interfaces.security.ServiceAccessPermission dc) permission for deploy controller.

Thanks & Regards

SU

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Its very simple

Change the password for cepadm to something else

next time you deploy, it will ask for the user id and password again.

Thanks,

Sarbjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sarbjeet,

I thought in that option, but this user is in LDAP (it's configured that the password never expires) and is used in different process, web services, authorizations, with the password hardcoded. I dont want to change its password because it could affect some applications.

This is the only way?

Thanks & Regards

SU

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you deploy via the deploy controller on >= 7.1, then the J2EE Administrator user will be used.

This has nothing to do with your NWDS. Please ask your administrator to unlock this user, so you can deploy again.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ervin,

The user is not locked. The deployment process in NWDS is showing me a permission error with the user I put wrong. I need the pop up asking me user/password again.

Thanks & Regards

SU

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please tell me

- the name of the user you have used so far for deployment,

- and also what the error message is when you attempt to deploy?

Thank you!

Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

restarting the NWDS won't work.

Please go to the server where the SDM is located, and then unlock the SDM user:

- stop SDM using JCMON

- cd /usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/SDM/program

- sdm jstartup "mode=standalone"

- sdm changepassword "newpassword=<newpass>"

- sdm jstartup "mode=integrated"

- start SDM using JCMON

JCMON Documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d3/4d074147c1f06fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Ervin

P.S.: let me know if you deploy to a release which is higher than 700. That case the above steps are not valid since as of 700 we have no more SDM, but the deploy controller. That case simply just unlock the administrator user using the corresponding user store (let it be UME or ABAP).

Edited by: Ervin Szolke on Sep 14, 2010 5:20 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ervin,

I'm in NWDS 7.2 SP03.

I tried to restart the NWDS it doesnt work.

I tried to restart the laptop it doesnt work.

I don't know where I can reset this user, I think this is a local problem in my laptop where the NWDS stored the user and password when I try to deploy the project.

Thanks & Regards

SU

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Restart the NWDS and try again

by the way which version of NWDS are you using?

Thanks

Sarbjeet