cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0: Approval note to be mandatory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are implementing process controlled workflow for Shopping Cart in SRM 7.0 (release 701).

In the rejection scenario of the SC (thru SRM portal), we want to make the "Approval note" as mandatory to be filled in by the Approver, i.e. the "Reason for Rejection" should be made mandatory.

Please advise on the approach.

Note: I already have gone thru the below thread for SRM 5.0. I tried to use BAdi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI, but din't get any help.

Key Terms:

SRM 7.0

Process Controlled workflow

SRM Portal

Reason for Rejection

Approval Note

Regards,

Bijaya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the doc check badi, try using the GETDETAIL FM, and check if E_LONGTEXT-TDID = 'NOTM' (Approval Note) exists.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your suggestion.

I am using custom implementation of BAdi BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI with the below logic.

1. Use FM BBP_PD_SC_GETDETAIL to get E_LONGTEXT.

2. Use method GET_CURRENT_DECISION of class /SAPSRM/CL_WF_APV_FACADE to get current decision.

3. Check if current decision is REJECTED.

4. Check if E_LONGTEXT has TDID = NOTM.

5. Populate error message u201CEnter Reason for Rejection in Approval Noteu201D on to ET_MESSAGE.

The above logic works fine when the approver uses u201CDETAILSu201D button on SRM portal (UWL) and then clicks on REJECT button.

But when the approver directly clicks on REJECT button on the UWL, the SRM portal throws an exception. I believe this is because system does not find any place to show the above error message. Can we have our error message be displayed on a pop-up window on the UWL? will this need webdynpro knowledge?

Please advise.

Regards,

Bijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay

UWL will behave like this in case of any error in SC. Is Approval or Rejection Note mandatory for every SC in your organization.

If that is the case, disable the Approve Reject button in UWL. Othewise I dont see any mechanism to show the error in UWL.

Approve Reject Buttons in UWL can be disabled by Portal administrator in UWL configuration

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your help.

Removing / disabling REJECT button on UWL will be the last option we can have.

Please let me know if it is possible to display an error message on a pop-up on the UWL portal. I tried to use FM BBP_PD_MSG_ADD, but it din't help. Please advise.

CALL FUNCTION 'BBP_PD_MSG_ADD'

EXPORTING

i_msgty = c_msgty

i_msgid = c_msgid

i_msgno = c_msgno

I_FIELD_NAME = 'EXPRESS'

EXCEPTIONS

LOG_NOT_FOUND = 1

OTHERS = 2.

Regards,

Bijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the best solution is to disable the buttons in UWL

Thanks!!

Bharath

0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

How to disable the button in invoice approval workflow ?? I have a requirement to disable the reject button for intercompany vendors in invoice document approval. we are using SRM 7.1.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ramya

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is possible through DOC CHeck BADI.

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the following class in your dynamic class of the field metadata

CALL METHOD /SAPSRM/CL_WF_APV_FACADE=>GET_CURRENT_DECISION

EXPORTING

IV_DOCUMENT_GUID = iv_document_guid

IMPORTING

EV_DECISION = EV_DECISION.

IF EV_DECISION = 'Inquired'.

Here you can change your field as required..

End if.

This is just a suggestion, I never tried it, But I hope this will resolve your issue..

Thanks!!

Bharath