what elese is improved or introduced in 7.0 over previous versions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SRM 7.0 has been re-designed and incorporates the existing functionality of the older releases combined with the adoption of the WebDynpro UI's, Portal integration, use of Portal Independent Framework (Netweaver Business Client), uniformed design using the Floorplan Manager incorporating the guided application framework/object instance framework as well as all the other technical changes already mentioned to you.

It is a very different system to those before it.

Regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Take a look at the release note for SRM 7 from service market place for details:

https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay

this link is taking to SAP news page

I am not sure whether you pasted right link at all?

you can list here main improvements. I suspect not many on business side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to service.sap.com

Under "Release & Upgrade Info" tab, you would find "Release Notes" sub-tab.

Expland "SAP Solutions" till you locate "Supplier Relationship Management (SAP SRM)" and clik on the link.

On the right hand side, you should find "Release-Informationen SAP SRM 7.0" towards the bottom of the page. Release note is an official document that states the new features contained in that particular release as compared to earlier versions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can download the document at following link

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001893462008E/ReleaseNotes_SRM70_SP06_EN.pdf

You will have to enter your Service Marketplace login to acess this document

Regards

Virender Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to know the major improvements in business sense not technical sense

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama,

On functional side,

1. Changes are on Procurement side in terms of allowing Service Procuremnet with Hierarchies, Hierarchies in Contract Management,

2. Central COntract Management which ensures that SRM contracts can be referenced in ECC too. Contract management has advanced features like payment term ,currency details at item level....It is possible to send Contract items to SRM MDM Catalogs which makes it easy for you to handle contracts at item level in your catalogs

3. Sourcing has new features in Bidding and LIve auction etc

4. on SUS, Service Procurement is enabled in MM-SUS Scenario.

Regards

Virender Singh