cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM Catalog 3.0 --- UI Search --- Filters

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SRM-MDM-Catalog 3.0 we have a feature to filter the search by Custom Parameter.

In the SRM-MDM-Catalog GUI Configuration.

( http://<server><port>/SRM-MDM/SRM_MDM ).

In the General Tab, Serach section,

We have 'Filter by Custom Parameter'. If we select 'yes' radio button, then we get a drop down called 'custom parameter'.

I do not see any values in the drop down. I wanted to know more about this feature and wanted to implement.

Can any one throw some information about

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206388
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha.

This is a new feature of SRM-MDM Catalog 3.0 which is introduced some months before.

This feature allows the end user to filter the items automatically(i.e. in the background) when the catalog launches.

The dropdown will give you the main table fields which has the fieldcodes starting with "CUSTOM-PARAM". (Need to confirm this)

Once you select the field for a particular user and save the configuration. In the webservice definition of SPRO you have to give a keyword and mention the value of the field which will return the search result for it.

For Ex: Let say you have a customer field as company-name. And you want to launch the catalog which gives you the result for value "SAP". Then in that case you can use the above usecase to achieve it.

Currently I don't have a system to check it for you. There is a separate note available for this feature. Can you search in the note section with the keyword "ADDL PARAM" under the SRM-CAT-MDM component you will find a reference note for this requirement.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I' experiencing the same issue.Adding the string CUSTOMPARAM to the code does not work.

Please advise.

Regards,
Manfred

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

Have you already checked following note?

1389630 Passing permanent search criteria through BADI.

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timea,

I found out what the issue was: The versions of the MDM Java connector in NWA differed from the MDM installation version. This has been corrected now, however the custom search filter option still does not work: i can see the parameter in the dropdown box in the search ui, and in the webservice definition i have added the 'customparamvalue' but with no result in the result set in the SRM MDM Catalog and I also tried to add the customparamvalue in badi 'BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH' but again with no result.

I have performed a verify-check action of the repository but no errors emerged. Any Ideas?

Versions:

SRM MDM 3.0

Server installation: 7.1        (7.1.08.196)

SRM MDM Java Connector 7.1.08.196

Thanks in advance.

Answers (0)