cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly processing: Create many WBS for an unique Network?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The assembly processing runs, but I want to create a complexe WBS Structure and only one global network.

When I generate automatically the project from the sales order, only one WBS Element and one Network are created, despite of a complexe structure in the standard project.

If I affect activities under each standards WBS, the complete structure appears but I must delete each activities deleted for save the desired project structure.

Exist there a solution to generate on network without activities, and a complexe project structure ?

The question 1162886 don't solved my problem and the "only one root" is not ticked on OPSA.

Thanks a lot for you help

herieric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I affect activities under each standards WBS

What do you mean by "affect activities"?

The question 1162886 don't solved my problem

- what does the number refer to? is it a note?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I my standard network, i must create an activity relied for each standards WBS Element for open the desired stucture from my assembly processing.

1162886 is a message ID number on SDN.

Thanks for you help.

herieric

Former Member
0 Kudos

More information for your second question under :

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I miss took the number as an SAP note.

Its good to see that you have searched the forum before creating the thread. Please do so in future also.

I dont think your requirement shall be fulfilled in Std. SAP. Because, the job of the assembly processing is to create an "Order" (in our case, network) from the sales order not WBSE or Project Definition. So the system will care about only the network & activities and other objects to which these activities are assigned. The system creates WBSE & Project Definition because the std. network is assigned to Std. Project. If the network / activities are not assigned to any std. WBSE then that particular WBSE will not be created.

If you want the entire project structure to be created then you should use activities and assign the activities to the WBSE, no other option.

May be you can look for some kind of development which shall delete the activities automatically during save of the project after it is been created by sales order.

Edited by: Ahmed Rifaee on Sep 14, 2010 9:53 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As told by Ahmed, This is not posbile as of now. This is one of the common requirement for Professional service Industry which use WBS only for the purpose of cost tracking and not any logistic cycle. So, ther dont required network at all. SAP is working on this solution most probably it will be in EPH5. Till that time development is only solution.

With Regards

Nitin P.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am still a bit confused with this discussion.

I am able to create a project using assembly processing with multiple WBS elements and network activities assigned to these WBS elements

Maybe I am missing something?

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Virendra, this user wants to create only WBSE structure and one network header, not activities by assembly processing.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood correctly. He don't wanted to assign Network activity to std. WBS element in template because by assigning he is able to created requied WBS structure but system is also creating network actiivty of template as well.

If he is not assiging std. netwrok activity to std. WBS than he is not able to create all required WBS.

Herieric: Just check after maintaining higher level std. WBS in your STD. network whether it creates requried WBS structure when in your std. nettwok you have not maintaiend link between network activity and std. WBS.

With Regards

Nitin P.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For assembly processing to work network has to be there - the link between the sales order and the PS object for logistics side resides in the network header (apart from the costing link on the billing WBS element)

Will need to check if you can create a standard network template without any activities, but if so I do not still see the problem

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nitin, I dont think it will work, because the purpose of assembly processing is to create network. So when the operative network is getting created from std. network, system will create only those WBS which has some relation to this pertaining network.

Even for example , following is my Std. WBS:-

WBS 001

WBS 001.1

WBS 001.2

WBS 001.2.1

Suppose if I assign a Std. network to WBS 001.2.1 and no assignment made between Std. Network to other Std WBSE, The system will create following operative structure:-

WBS 001

WBS 001.2

WBS 001.2.1

It wont include WBS 001.1 in operative structure, because it has no relation with Std, NEtwork.

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the purpose of assembly processing is to create network

Now we seem to be talking the same language - for assy proc network is a must

So only the structure directly related to the network is created

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's what I am saying by giving level 1 WBS and check. Refening to your example

Suppose if I assign a Std. network to WBS 001 and no assignment made between Std. Network to other Std WBSE, The system will create following operative structure:-

WBS 001

WBS 001.1

WBS 001.2

WBS 001.2.1

By giving level 1 WBS he need not to create unwanted network activity and assign there Std. WBS Element. As he dont intended to user that network activity in his operative structure.

With Regards

Nitin P.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It wont create like that, because the network requires only WBS 001 not other WBSE. So the system will create only WBS001 in operative project not all WBSE.

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this will not work than As we discussed; there is only one option to maintain assignment of required WBS with Network activity template.

With Regards

Nitin P.