cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eventing on dictionary search help on date field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In my WDABAP application I have a Date input field. I have used dictionary search help into this field to display calender searc help.

Now on select of the date from the calender I want to trigger one event which will enable some other fields in the application.

Can you please tell me how to implement this on select event of the date.

Thanks

Sonia.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are using an Input Field , only event possible is "On Enter" event.This event is triggered when "enter" key is pressed by the user after selecting a value in the input field.So may be you can use this and proceed further.

Although it may not serve you the actual requirement that you have to achieve , because input field does not have any event for "On select".

[On Enter|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/14/0ce74114a1da6fe10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm] this link might help

Cheers,

Aditya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

"OnEnter" event is not serving my purpose as I want to enable some fields when i will select the date from calender.

Any help please.

Thanks,

Sonia.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The calendar search help is all client side. There isn't even a server side event triggered. If you need an event upon selection consider using the DateNavigator UI element instead of an inputField with Calendard search help.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/81/ab884118aa1709e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

The DateNavigator has events for when a new date selection occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomus,

Thanks for the help. If I use DateNavigator it will be displayed as a calender on the application.

But my requirement is I will be having a input field with a calender search help so that one can select the date from the calender and on select of date certain other field will be enabled.

Thanks,

Sonia.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>But my requirement is I will be having a input field with a calender search help so that one can select the date from the calender and on select of date certain other field will be enabled.

Then you have requirements that are in conflict and you will need some compromise. The inputField will not give you the event you need to populate or enable other fields upon date selection. You only have the onEnter event. The DateNavigator on the other hand will provide you with the onDay selection event that you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To achieve this one way is to created a freely programmed value help containing the date navigator UI element and handel the event in the main componenet where you need to make the fields enabled or disabled on selecting the value from the calander.

I have done this and its working for me.

Thanks

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for the reply. We have opted for this solution only and it has served our purpose.

Thanks,

Sonia.