cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry length is incorrect. Message no. CJ610

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have Defined Project Coding Mask as PrjID "U" and coding mask /0000.XX-00 and created one project profile.

I have copied the transport request from 200 client to 220 client by SCC1.

When in 220 client transaction CJ20N operated at the same moment I got the message as "Entry length is incorrect. "U/0000.XX-00".

The details of message is

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entry length is incorrect. "U/0000.XX-00"

Message no. CJ610

Diagnosis

The key that you entered for the project definition or the WBS element does not have the same length as was entered in the coding.

System response

Processing stopped.

Procedure

Enter the key as it was defined in the coding of the project definition or WBS element: "U/0000.XX-00".

Procedures for the system administrator:

Check whether the coding for the project definition or the WBS element were properly maintained on the screen. Make any necessary changes.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

But I am not getting the above error in 200 Client and only getting error after copying the transport request in 220 client.

Kindly suggest the solution.

Regards,

TusharA

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check OPSK in both clients.

Regards,

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Sep 14, 2010 6:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is no difference.

Regards,

Tushar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When are you getting this?..at the time of creating project with this coding mask...or during copy ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am doing transaction CJ20N in command window and enter, at same moment system is giving error in 220 client but not giving in 200 client.

Regards,

TusharA

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to make clear...When do you get this error...just by entering CJ20N or after you enter CJ20N, when you try to give Project code in project definition field..

When do you get error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just by giving CJ20N the error occurred. And system ask for Exit from the transaction.

Regards,

Tushar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I thought it is after saving project with the project coding mask.

Because, in my earlier project one of my user got similar kind of problem in production system after we gone live. The mistake he did was instead of creating U/0001 as project code he entered U/OOO1 i.e., he used capital 'O' instead of 'zero'. You wont find much difference between these two letters but only a small dot. I thought you are also experiencing the same problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tushar,

Did you try this using CJ01/ CJ02??

Try in CJ01/CJ02, check whether you are getting the same error there also.

Also, Try to change the edit mode of the project builder to Display using menu Settings -> Options.

then open project in project builder.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Praveen,

In CJ01, no such error occurred and proj definition U/0000.XX.01 is accepting.

I am unable to go in change or display mode for project builder, before that system stops processing and ask for Exist from th transaction.

How I can set the initial options for Project Builder transaction.

Regards,

Tushar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you should ask your ABAPer to enter in Debugging mode for CJ20N and then see what causes to exit the transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tushar,

Raise a message in OSS.

I found a note in OSS 427496, but i dont think so this is relevant to your problem.

Praveen

Edited by: b praveen savan on Sep 15, 2010 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

One more input I want to give to resolve the above issue that the above issue is only coming in one user id and not coming in others user ids.

I am unable to go in Edit -- Settings -- Options of the CJ20N.

Regards,

Tushar

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think, your user has set "Preview last project" option in CJ20N user settings and whenever you try execute CJ20N it try to load the past project, and unfortunately there are some inconsistencies exits for that project.

Enter the CJ20N in debugging mode and check which project it try to load and open that project in some other user log in and see.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>I am unable to go in Edit -- Settings -- Options of the CJ20N.

Check authorizations for that userid by running su53 just after running cj20n, also check the gui and its patch level.

Regards,

Harsh.

Edited by: Harsh Saxena on Sep 16, 2010 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether your transport request is copied to 220 client successfully or not?

Also in 220 client check, whether the new code 'U' exists or not after the copying of TR from 200 to 220..

Revert with your feed back.

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Request is correctly copied to 220 client.

There correctly exist the U in Define coding mask.

Regards,

TusharA