cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capcity Planning based on Volume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We want to plan capacity based Volume (Cubic Feet). we want to use addition to existing stock, mix storage not allowed, and material master will be having data of both weight and volume. Please provide configurations and setting required in Material / Warehouse control Parameter / Ware house storage type / Storage Bin Structure. Please confirm.

Thanks

Madhavan

Edited by: Madhavan SR on Sep 14, 2010 1:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You may use capacity check 3 or 4.

For 3

You need to maintain the maximum quantity (volume ) in the bin master record. Also make sure that base unit of measure for the material is a vlume unit. You shold not have mixed storage as capacity is checked at qunat level.

For 4

You have to maintain a unit less capacity in the bin master , MMR, WM1 view , capacity in terms of volume unit (conversion between voluem unit and bas UoM is also to be maintained). For more details please go through post

[;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

We have following settings

Storage Type Setting:

Put away Strategy, I Addition to existing stock

Add to stock , X allowed

Act Capacity, Selected

Capacity check method : 4,Usage check based on Material

Storage Sec Active, Active

Storage unit type : Not active

Storage bin Setting

Total Capacity : 5000

Material master setting

WM view 1

Base unit of Measure : Ea

Wm Unit : FT3

Propose unit of measure from material : L, WM unit of Measure

Volume ; 1 FT3

Capacity Usage : 1 / FT3

When I inward 6000 material more then capacity (5000), it is not proposing new bin and it is showing error as "No destination storage bin to be found in storage type Z01".

Is the LE qty is must in WM2 view ? Is it the driving factor to decide the capacity. I am not activated the Storage unit type.

When I give LE qty also 5000, system proposing next bin when i do inward 6000. system propose 5000 for one bin and remaining 1000 in next bin. is it mandatory to provide LE quantity to get bin proposal ?

Please Confirm.

Madhavan