cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details of Adobe License

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know in which scenario we need Adobe License for Interactive forms?

We don't have any requirement to submit the Data from the PDF to the Backend (ECC). Kindly confirm whether we need to have License for using Adobe or not? We want to get the data from the ECC system and want to show it in a PDF in the WDJ. We want to get the data from the ECC system and want to display it in a PDF in the WDJ. For Example, PaySlips, Employee Annual Salary details, etc

Please confirm whether we should have License to do this or the License is required only if we have Interactive Forms where in we have the requirement to update the data into Backend scenario.

Whatever requirement I explained we have for some 3 or 4 applications.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok Kumar M.

Edited by: Ashok Kumar Munugoti on Sep 14, 2010 12:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need Adobe Licenses only when you have some interactive forms i.e. when you want to show/hide some fields depending on some conditions etc.

Payslips, Annual Emp Sal. details can be developed as Print forms and will NOT require any licenses, but print forms needs to be developed from ABAP.

I think with Web Dynpro you will need to make enabled property to false so that it is not counted as Interactive Form by SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using WebDynpro Java for all the Applications. Actually we are upgrading the ITS screens to WebDynpro Java Technology.

We have the InteractiveForm UI Element in WebDynpro Java. Using Adobe Live Cycle Designer, we are designing the Screen to display the PDF and map the Data context to the PDF form.

So, we don't need any License for this right? I have seen several SAP LInks and all. Just want to confirm from SDN also.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok Kumar M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

To get the data from the ECC system and to display it in a PDF in the WDJ, Adobe License is not required.

As Chintan has mentioned above, set the enabled property to false in the Form Properties.

Hope that resolves your question.

Regards.

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the replies...

I am keeping it open, so that if someone wants to say something, they can......

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok Kumar M.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please close the thread since your doubt is resolved. People can still answer even when the question is mark as answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am closing this...

Thanks & Regards,

Ashok M.