cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'SecStore.properties' and 'SecStore.key' could not be found !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are performing High Availability of EP in Windows 2008.I have completed SCS,MSCS,DB Instance,Additional MSCS,ERS & trying to perform CEntral Instance.We are getting the error while doing CI.

The error :

The files 'SecStore.properties' and 'SecStore.key' could not be found in the '
goatlvsap10qa\sapmnt\QM1\SYS\global\security\data' directory.

But how to generate these files??I have not yet installed CI so can we open Config tool??Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks all

Syamkriz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi N.Das

Could you please let me know how solved the problem. I have the same issue here.

Thanks and Regards

syam

Former Member
0 Kudos

The files 'SecStore.properties' and 'SecStore.key' could not be found in the '
goatlvsap10qa\sapmnt\QM1\SYS\global\security\data' directory.

To me the path to SecStore does not look right. On Unix /sapmnt/<SID> is shared across SCS,DB,CI and DI and the path is

/sapmnt/<SID>/global/security/data.

Check the path of the file on SCS and DB servers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

The SecStore files are used to connect to configtool, and they are automatically created during installation.

Hence I would like to suggest you firstly check from the installation perspective, i.e, was there any error during

the installation? and did the files ever exist? or they were not generated at all.

And also as far as I know, there is a way to regenerate the SecStore files manually but that should be done with SAP support consultant or SAP development support only, so probably you can report a customer message for SAP for assistance.

Thanks and best regards,

ThunderFeng

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check that the files physically do not exist?

Read,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/14c93ec2f7df6ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan I have checked that the files physically do not exist..How to generate the files??I am in the middle of CI Installation.It is giving the error :

The secure store files SecStore.properties and SecStore.key are created during the database instance installation.. The installer cannot find the secure store files at their default location:
<sapglobalhost>\sapmnt\<SAPSID>\SYS\global\security\data

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That file should have been created during the portal installation. I don't think theres a way to regenerate them

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So is there any alternatives other than uninstalling Database Instnace??