cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internal table data to be printed on all pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have an internal table from which data is coming into the form.

the data is being printed properly from the internal table on the first page.

but then if there are more pages the data from the internal table is not populated on the pther pages than the first page.

what should i do to have the internal table data visisble in all pages.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tejaswis,

From what I understand, you are trying to display header details on you form. It's correct that you put it on your master page. Just make sure that it is declared as Global in the binding tab. This will make sure that all fields with the same name, if declared global, will display the same value. This is if it's actually same value for each field and not variable.

Best Regards,

abap_peer_dangs _

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To display data of internal table you have to put your text field on the Body Page then only your contents will flow. First reduce your content area on the master page. This content area defines your body page limit. Here in Body Page you have to place your Internal Table data. If you put your data on Master page it will not flow like suppose your table has 20 entries and you place your content on Master Page it will show for ex. 1 to 10 entries on 1st page and again same entries on second page. But to continue the data from 11 to 20 you have to place your internal table content in Body Page. Revert back if this is not the case.

Regards,

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a bit of the same problem.

I wanna retrieve data from a table and it works for 50%. The problem is that only 1 line is displayed. What could be the issue?

I retrieve the code using ABAP and then binding the data to a textfield. The subform is set to flowed.

Can anybody give some pointers on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Tom

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am afraid that you people put the data on the master page, not a body page. that could produce the described behavior.

Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi robert

my form is not designed with 3 separate pages

it is dunamically having 3 pages

in some other case it may have only 2 pages

wat is happening is that

on the 1st page the internal table data is completely read..when i watch in the debugger wat i understood is the process for reading the internal table is being called only once

and once the internal table data is read and displayed in the 1st page..,

for the second page the process is not being called

soo the data from the internal table is not appearing in the other pages

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dou you have "allow page breaks within content" checkbox checked true for the relevant subforms? if not, then all the rows are placed on the single page and logically - the ones from like 20th row (depends on the height of your rows of course) are "hidden" (there is no visible place, where to place them).

Regards Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sakshi

you can put atext field and bind it with an internal data (even if more than one record is present in the internal table)

the thing is you hav to check allow multipile lines checkbox of the text field

the it works

my problem is that data is not displayed in the next pages other than 1st page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tejaswis, is your form always 3 pages or can it change depending on the amount of data?

EDIT: I mean is your form designed with 3 separate pages? Or does it dynamically expand to 3?

Edited by: robert phelan on Sep 15, 2010 5:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey its not the table im meaning

its my internal table content which has to be displayed on all pages

i have put a textfield and binded it with internal table data on the MASTERPAGE

my problem is the internal tabel data is displayed only on the first page

i hav 3 page document and in the next 2 pages the internal table data is not displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, how can you link an internal table with a text field.unless and until it has only one row and one column but even that doesnt make sense. use some other data type in the backend for the same.

Secondly, the logic is very simple whatever you put on the master page it gets printed on all the body pages, so i dont understand why it is not happening in your case.

regards,

Sakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have put it n master page but the data is being read only on the first page

and in the other pages the data is not being displayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

well, i have tried it. just make the table on the master page and view it in the PDF preview. it will be visible in all the body pages.

i just checked it.

there must be something that you are not doing right.

do you have multiple mster pages?

regards,

sakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what i understand is that the content of the internal table should be printed on all the pages.and the content should be same.

if yes, then place your table on the master page.'

by using it there you will be able to view it on every page of your document.

regards,

Sakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

the thing is

i have put a textfield in the masterpage and binded it with the data of an internal table named GT_ADRS.

i want this data to be printed in all the pages(how mnay ever pages may be)

now wat is happening is in my first page the data is being printed properly.

for example if i hav a 3 page document , only my first page this data is being printed

in the rest 2 pages data is not being populated

Former Member
0 Kudos

It sounds like this is some header-type data that you want displayed on each page.

I'm not sure you can bind a dynamic table on your master page and have it populate on each page.

Will your content always be variable? Or, will there be a maximum number of possible entries?

If you know there will be a maximum number of rows (let's say 8), you could probably just insert a table with 8 rows on your master page and manually bind each row to your table.

You can code inside your form to handle borders/underlines etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want the same data of the internal table to be printed on all pages

but the data is being printe don the first page and the same data is not being printed on rest of the pages

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you explain what you have done and are trying to achieve? If you have used placed the table control and designed for 5 pages I think it should display data on all of them.

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to put the table inside a subform with Content type as Flowed and will need to set the option Allow Page Breaks within Content for the Table via Object palette.