SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPINTM1 : Formal error: Application area is not correct

0 Kudos

Hello,

When i use the transaction FPINTM1 in free selection i use Subtransaction Tax code Posting date and Document type.

If i add amount > 0, it's ok but when i delate this condition i have this message Formal error: Application area is not correct.

Message no. >0 024

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the interest conditions under the interest calculation rules is maintained only for the debit indicator (S) and not for credit indicator (H).

What I can understand from your second post is that, the error only comes, when the amount is less than 0.

Assuming that , the configuations for the subtransactions are perfectly correct,the only possible error can come if the credit indicator is not maintained.

Also check,the following config. if the minimum amount limits for debit\credit interest is maintained or not.

SPRO->FInancial Accounting->Contract Account AR &AP->Buisness Transactions-> Interest Calculation->Item Interest calculation->Minimum Amount limits for Debit\Credit Interest.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

oliviawalsh
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

The error message >0024 'Formal error: Application area is not correct'

could be a lot of causes. But at first you should check if you also find

error message >3124 (Time-dependent conditions in table T056I for key ..

are missing). In this case please check if you maintained the time-

dependent conditions for the relevant interest keys enough. You find

this setting in customizing under

> Financial Accounting

> Contract Accounting or Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable

> Business Transactions

> Interest Calculation

> Item Interest Calculation

> Define Interest Calculation Rules

Also see if the manual steps described in note 955409 can help resolve your issue.

I hope it helps.

REgards

Olivia

Edited by: Olivia Walsh on Sep 14, 2010 10:49 AM

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I have also a message : Interest calculation rules not maintained for item with interest key Z1

Message no. >3 123

I think this error i due to a new sub-transaction which appear negative in the table dfkkop. If i have not this sub-transaction the transaction runs well.

i will look for sap note but if you have others ideas, they could help me.

Best regards

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the interest conditions under the interest calculation rules is maintained only for the debit indicator (S) and not for credit indicator (H).

What I can understand from your second post is that, the error only comes, when the amount is less than 0.

Assuming that , the configuations for the subtransactions are perfectly correct,the only possible error can come if the credit indicator is not maintained.

Also check,the following config. if the minimum amount limits for debit\credit interest is maintained or not.

SPRO->FInancial Accounting->Contract Account AR &AP->Buisness Transactions-> Interest Calculation->Item Interest calculation->Minimum Amount limits for Debit\Credit Interest.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thank you Olivia and Amlan for your help

First i use the sap note and the first message is gone. Next, i changed Define Interest Calculation Rules and Maintain Amount Limits for Debit/Credit Interest. Effectively, the minimum amount limits for debit\credit interest is not maintained. I will test if i have not regression. You have really helped me.

Best regards,