cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F.Spec

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I am preparing a FSpec for a customized report ( sales tax register) developed long time back, for 4-5 issues/mistakes in the report.

I've never done this before. Any tips/suggestions?

Rgds

Sumanth.G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

The Functional Specification describes the features of the desired functinality.. It describes the product's features as seen by the stake holders,and contains the technical information and the data needed for the design and developement.

The Functional Specification defines what the functionality will be of a particulat area that is to be precise a transaction in SAP terminology.

The Functional Specification document to create a detailed design document that explains in detail how the software will be designed and developed.

The functional specification translates the Software Requirements template into a technical description which

a) Ensures that the product feature requirements are correctly understood before moving into the next step, that is detchnical developement process.

b) Clearly and unambiguously provides all the information necessary for the technical consultants to develop the objects.

At the consultant level the functional spects are preapred by functinal consultants on any functionality for the purpose of getting the same functinality designed by the technical pepole as most of the times the functionalities according to the requirements of the clients are not available on ready made basis.

Let me throw some light on documentation which is prepared before and in a project:

1) Templates

2) Heat Analysis -

3) Fit Gap or Gap Analysis

4) Business Process Design

5) Business Process Model

6) Business Change & Impact

7) Configuration Design, which is just 5 % of Total SAP- have different names -

😎 Future Impact & Change Assessement

9) Functional Design (Module Wise)

10) Risk Assessement

11) Process Metrics and Many More-- Which has impact on Business and its work flow

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-

sarthak_mohantysd
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

I am preparing a FSpec for a customized report ( sales tax register) 
developed long time back, for 4-5 issues/mistakes in the report.
I've never done this before. Any tips/suggestions?

First of all before going for a Customized report, it always advisable to look out for Standard report and check whether the client requirement can be met or not. If it can' tbe met then go can go for Z report. Below is a link for checking out the standard report for sales tax register.

Coming to your point for Functional Specification, don't worry this document essentially consist of the approach for the technical development for Z report for sales tax register. So based on the business requirement, it content the Field picking details and validation to be done if required. In order to come out of the present crisis, please try out a reverse approach i..e Based on the issue try to find out the right value and then do the proper versioning of FS with updated details.

Regards,

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i created some of functional specs for a Life science company -

these are the poins which are there in standard templet which we use to upload in

solution manager -

1Functional Specification

1.1 Business Need (functional Narrative of business logic & Rules)

1.2 Business Functionality

1.2.1 Describe u201CAs Isu201D process, the purpose of this business functionalityu2026 <may be able to refer to an existing HLD here>

1.2.2 Describe u201CTo Beu201D process, list and give a description of all process deliverables.

1.3 Propose UI process flow

1.3.1 Supporting UI flow Diagrams

1.3.2 Screen Design/Selection screen

1.4 Reports

1.4.1 Report Name

Example of existing form or layout name.

1.4.2 Report Layout Overview (Standards)

Provide with the sample or standards

1.4.3 Report Output Requirements/Properties

{Examples of report properties are shown below. You may include more as needed}

1.4.4 Report Medium

how do you want users to see/access your report.

1.5 Dependencies

1.5.1.1 Process Dependencies

Describe all the processes and dependencies if applicable.

1.5.1.2 Functional Dependencies

Describe configuration setup if applicable

1.5.1.3 Data Dependencies

Master data setup for this functionality/changes if applicable

1.5.1.4 Job Dependencies

Auto Sys Scheduler, SAP Scheduler u2026if applicable

1.6 Administration Information / Security

1.7 Database Design

1.8 System Architecture

1.9 Risks

1.10 Custom Transactions

1.11 Language Translation Requirements

1.12 Frequency / Data Volume/Performance

1.13 Trouble Shooting /Restart/Recovery Strategy

1.14 Inbound/Outbound/Interfaces

1.15 Data Translation Conversion Logic

1.16 Program/ Function Modules/ Custom Programs

1.17 Additional Report Systems Requirements

2 References

let me know if you need further information regarding the same.

Regards

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Functional specs is the document which fuctional consultants are creates for the technical people.

which includes detail description of the report along with the selection sceens and detail screens.

respective table & fields are mentioned for all the fields.

for more information do a search on the forum there are many threads avilable on this.

regards,

Rahul