cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Next Empty Bin (L) & Near Picking bin (K)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me to know the difference between Next Empty bin & Near Picking Bin Strategies.

My requirement is to fill the Fixed Storage bin first and then it should go to Storage bins in the reserve storage type. I am attaining this with by maintaining the Fixed Bin Strategy in Fixed Storage type and Next Empty bin Strategy in Reserve Storage type. Also I have mainteined Stype search accordingly to search Fixed Stype first and then Reserve Stype.

If I maintain Near picking Strategy in Reserve Storage type, what would be the difference..?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Next Empty Bin: Nearest possible empty bin next to a material similar to the incoming one. This will try to optimize the goods flow by making similar kinds of material to pile up near to each other for better picking. This is usually used in randomly used warehouses. Helps in FIFO too.

Near Picking Bin: Will perform put away into a nearest possible empty bin in the reserve area, there by making it easy for picking.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shravan

Hi

The next empty bin will do exactly that which means it will find the next empty bin it can depending on the st types in your put away atrategy

The Near picking bin means that it will search for a bin in the vicinity of your 'fixed picking bin.

So if there is a choice of bins in there it will try and find the one that is nearest to your puck bin by using the following

Using the storage bin coordinates of the fixed bin, the system searches for an empty bin in the immediate vicinity in the reserve storage area. Putaway strategy K only functions for a reserve storage area that is assigned to a fixed bin storage area and for materials in whose material master a fixed bin is defined. If this entry does not exist in the material master, the system will terminate the search in this storage type,

I hope that this helps

Frenchy