cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC communication channel update query is executing with out select query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My scenario is JDBC- to - Proxy (Asynch) . But my sender communication channel is working abnormally. Some times select query is working fine and it is picking some records but update query is not updating any records. (We confimred that database level no update terminations happend).

Some times as per the poll interval select query is missing but my update query is updating the records with out selecting any more records.

This was happenming frequently for all the sender JDBC communication channels ( My PI server version is 7.0 sp-12)

Is teher any way to tune the parameters . I had already used the Database Isolation parameters in the comminication channel level Advanced tab parameters.

Please suggets some solution for avoding such abnormal conditions.

Regards

Jain

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make sure that the option 'Disconnect from Databse After Processing Each Message' is checked on the advanced tab page.

Also, configure the taskTimeout parameter, refer the SAP Note 1083488.

-Supriya.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208856
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Some times as per the poll interval select query is missing but my update query is updating the records with out selecting any more records.

>

You are using one WHERE condition in Select Query ( e.g : select a,b,c from xyz where a NE 0).

Same where condition, you should use in UPDATE Statement.

After using this statement, when Select will successful, only at that time Update will successful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have maintained the where conditions in updated query's also. But in a normal case 98% all channles are working fine (Both selct & Update querys are working fine. But in some times some channels are missing to execute the select querys. and some channels missing to execute the Update Querys.

Any solution or tuning parameters for avoiding such situations

Regards

Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jain

Another way to check is, before your channel gets initiated, try executing those SELECT and UPDATE queries on the database and check those results with the output channel is giving out....

May be some other program or procedure is interfering in between.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

select and update statements are processed in one LUW, so no change in database can happen between.

Make sure that select and update correspond exactly. Let another person look for the statements.