Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

New Sales-Area Creation

Hi All,

As per the business requirement we need to create a new company code & new sales organization .

We need to assign the new Sales organization to the new company code. I need to submit the impact analysis in the existing production system mainly on SD area .If someone could help me on this it will be great helpful for me.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Satprk

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

The impact is fairly huge. However, it depends on for what business the company code and sales area is being set up. Some of them that I can list are

I. Master Data

a. Customer Master - New data should be set up or existing ones should be extended or both ?

b. Material Master - New data should be set up or existing ones should be extended or both ?

c. Pricing Condition records - New Records should be set up for pricing and taxes ?

d. Material Determination and listing and exclusion - New Records should be set up ?

e. Customer Material info - New Records should be set up ?

f. Credit control Set up

II. Configuration

a. Whether new document type to be set up?

b. New pricing procedure to be set up?

c. New plants to be created ?

d. New business processes come into picture - like intercompany sales or STO or both?

e. Account determination settings to be done

f. Credit control Set up ?

g. EDI handling if present ?

III. Development

a. Whether New Reports are to be developed or existing ones to be extended ?

b. Whether New Interface needs to be developed or the existing ones have to be modified ?

c. Whether New Conversions object for Master data upload required or existing ones can be used?

d. Whether New Forms to be developed or existing ones can be used ?

e. Whether New Enhancements have to be done or modifications required in the user exits (that are currently being used)

I think these are some of the areas of impact when you plan to create a new sales area and a company code. Hope this helps

Thanks

Mukund S

Edited by: MukundHS on Sep 14, 2010 8:44 PM

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question