Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining SNP Master Data and Time Series

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am reading some help document and found this

"Keeping Supply Network Planning (SNP) master data and time series up-to-date is an important prerequisite for successfully using Supply Network Planning (SNP) applications.

Time series key figures in SNP are assigned to SNP aggregates, which represent certain planning relevant master data combinations, for example, location and product. When a planning area is first initialized, SNP master data is generated representing valid combinations of APO master data, and the corresponding time series are created in liveCache. However, changes in APO master data are not immediately reflected in SNP master data or time series in liveCache. To make sure that changes are visible in SNP, use the following reports:

Initialize Planning Area (transaction /SAPAPO/TSINIT)

Consistency Check of Time Series Network (transaction /SAPAPO/TSCONS)

Reorganize SNP Time Series (report /SAPAPO/TS_LCM_REORG_SNP)"

My question is, Not only Time series, Order series keyfigures are also assigned to aggregates right?

why consistency check is performed only for time series network? why is it not required for order series network?

Can some one give me an example of how changes in apo master data will effect the time series keyfigures? why does changes in apo master data doesnot effect order series? Thx in advance for all your answers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As mentioned above you require to execute the Time series consistency check at attach the time period information in livechace or we say as assign livechace anchor and you are able to view this product location combination in APO planning book.

Its not about effecting order series KF and time series KF. If you are not executing the consistency check report, you are unable to view any information in APO for this combination.

I hope this clear your doubt

Amol

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol, Now it is clear.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have deleted all inactive products CVC from DP. Now I have only active material in DP. I would like to delete all inactive material form SNP. So I have deleted time series from SNP palling area and deactivate all CIF from R/3 to APO. And create CIF by filtering inactive material. Now I could not able to time series again because of low memory. My question, I have deleted millions of CVC from DP and assign those products in r/3 as a ZZZ and use filtering ZZZ in CIF. Logically SNP should have a lot of space now. Then why the system is giving me the low memory error. DO I need to also delete all inactive products from SNP? What is the process? Could please help me?

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please let me know what kind of Master data changes you are expecting. As far as I understand unless & until you do not add any new product location combination, you will not face any issue with time series consistency for any already existing product location combination in livecache

Thanks

Amol

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please take an example of new product location combination..if a new product combination is intriduced in apo master data and consistency check is not done. why will this not effect order series time figures why will it effect only time series

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you mentioned correctly the order gets saved with product and location master data. When we change the master data, we do not change to this product and location combination for which the order is already saved in APO. This product and location combination is already present in APO data based and livecahce.

In case of new product .i.e. new product and same location, for this combination, we will not have data in livecahnce with reference to time and we can have orders which will assigned order series. When we execute the consistency check , it will add this time period.

Thanks

Amol

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol,

Thanks for the reply. But still I am not clear.could you please eloborate your answer with an example if you dont mind?

for example, there is a time series kf called safety stock and order series keyfigure planned production in a planning area 9ASNP05.

now there is an update in a master data. a new product is added to that location.why only time series keyfigure consistency check has to be done? if order series check is not done, how orders are created for that combination?

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Bump for help please

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

bump for help thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you change the MDs, the system must generate the valid combinations for these so that you can use them for your plng.

so when ever there is a change it is advisable to do the consistency check. else error will occur in interactive planning.

for order series it is not required coz the data is stored with reference to an order in live cache where as for time-series data is stored reference to a time period..

assuming your snp planning area has both time-series and order series KFs. create new products, do not do any consistency check, and try loading the products in the interactive planning..u should get an error..live cache anchors missing..

do the consistecy check and try..it should work fine...

scm_09
Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPAPO5,

Thanks for the reply. I totally understand what you are trying to say.but my question here is

1. why for order series, no check is necessary? I understand your answer that order series are saved with reference to order so its not required.

even though order series are saved with reference to orders, thy are related to product and location master data.an order is saved for a product and location combo. so its related to master data at the end of the day.

so if there is master data changes, it should effect both time series and order series. but why the document says only time series?

can you give me an example to show how changes in master data does not effect order series? Thx