cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email in HTML format

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a SAP outbound scenario in which I get a value from ECC which I need to email to a distribution list.

I was wondering if there is anyway I can send the content of the email itself (not as an attachment) in HTML.

If yes, any useful links / steps to do would be great.

I know that using XSLT, we can transform an XML into HTML but I donot have the data statically. The data comes from the ECC and I have to make sure to transform to include that particular value itself.

Is there anyway I could do that ?

Any useful links would be much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Is there anyway I could do that ?

That is just what XSLT is made for.

But you need at least some basic XSLT skills.

You can use Java or ABAP mapping as well.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I know that using XSLT, we can transform an XML into HTML but I donot have the data statically. The data comes from 
the ECC and I have to make sure to transform to include that particular value itself.

Your XSLT code should be using the actual XMl tags and no constants.....then you will get the runtime values in your Email message.....this blog describes how the code should be: /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

great blog but I dont understand how I should use this xslt with the mail package at the receiver end. I believe I shouldnt be using the mail package.

If thats the case, what structure do I have to put for the target message type. I cant use an xslt mapping without having a target message type.

I am not sure how to proceed in the ESR.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/23/xi-html-e-mails-from-the-receiver-mail-adapter

this is the blog that I am referring to.

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can have two message mappings in your interface mapping. Use the first one to map from IDoc(?) to a

metastructure (e.g. an xsd) and then add a second message mapping using XSLT transforming the meta

structure into your xml output.

If you receiver is static you won't need mail package.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do u mean by "data statically"

Former Member
0 Kudos

well...basically what I am trying to say is...the value that goes in depends on what ECC sends me. I meant that its NOT a constant.

Apologize for the confusion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer this blog,

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8693] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Kalpana.