cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Mapping Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a question on Mapping Template in PI.

I am using a mapping template for a deep structure, I am using it in many places. some of them has overridden field mapping for some specific cases. But when I make some common change in the template and re-apply it in all the message mapping, wherever it is being used, my overridden field mapping are lost and I am not able to keep track of the changes that has been done on top of the template.

Can you please help me how to track those changes and re-do that?

Or Do I need to make the changes individually in all the message mapping itself rather then template wherever the template has been overridden?

Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But when I make some common change in the template and re-apply it in all the message mapping, wherever it is being 
used, my overridden field mapping are lost and I am not able to keep track of the changes that has been done on top of the 
template.

See....if you are using a template --> making some change to it --> re-importing it into your mapping program then the logic present in this template will be considered.....it wont be possible to retain the other mapping logic that you have used.

Or Do I need to make the changes individually in all the message mapping itself rather then template wherever the 
template has been overridden?

seems so.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So Mapping template is ONLY to avoid re-work in multiple places(you still need to re-apply that). It is just to auto-map source to target.

huh...I can do that by copying the map(if the source and target are same for the deep structure) and change the relevant places rather then create template.

It should be really beneficial if that can be used like a sub-function for modularization purpose like webMethods does for its mappings.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have worked with SAP PI for eight years and I have never used a mapping template.

Answers (0)