cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment Cost Information VICI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is anyone familiar with the steps necessary and or necessary configuration required to run freight costing from a quote?

I've been creating a quote then following menu path EXTRAS >> SHIPMENT COST INFORMATION (transaction VICI) in the quote. Once I execute with my shipping type, shipment type, transportation planning point, service agent and route I get the message that zero deliveries were created in simulation and I don't get a net value.

I have freight rates that should be found for this quote, I have set my item category and schedule line item category to delivery relevant.

Any suggestions on what I might be missing?

Thanks,

Alison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anism_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, Alison!

Did you find out how to solve this issue?

Facing the same problem. When I create order - delivery - shipment manually and run Freight Cost Estimate i get net value calculated correctly. But I get VW803 error in order in SHIPMENT COST INFORMATION.

Please, help me to solve it. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anis,

I ended up creating a dummy order type to be used to simulate the shipment costing.

Thanks, Alison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alison

Shipment Cost Information is a simulation process in the Order to get an estimate of Shipment costs. I don't think you can use it with quote.

You see order is deliverable, quote is not. From the type of message you got, I am thinking if you set up copy control from Quote to Delivery in the lines of sales order, you will be fine. In other words make the quote an Order type.

It may be a good idea to assign a Shipment cost profile to the quote ( T code VOV8)- Shipping window. That said, you can also run the simulation by manually entering the transportation planning point, shipment type and service agent in the order.

Shipment cost information in the order can only be used if the control parameters and master data for transportation and shipment cost processing have been maintained.

Other config items that you may want to check for existence are:

1. Shipment Cost Relevance and Default for Shipment Cost Type

2. Setting up Pricing procedure for Shipment costs and assigning it to transportation planning points.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have all those settings in place...

1. Copy control from quote type to delivery type

2. Assigned a Shipment cost profile to the quote type

All the master data is maintained for shipment costing, I was able to create a shipment cost document with rates when I went through the order -> delivery -> shipment -> shipment cost document steps.

Any other suggestions?

I appreciate the help!

Alison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alison

1) Firstly check if you are able to run the simulation in a real sales order (type) that you are able to create Shipment cost documents through the order -> delivery -> shipment -> shipment cost document steps, before creating Deliveries.

2) If successful, check if the quote has schedule lines, if not complete sched Line Category assignment and get the sched lines in the quote. Then try again, In essence try to make the quote appear like an order.

3) Also what is the error/warning message number you are getting with the text " zero deliveries were created in simulation". Let me know that number,

wait for you response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the error message I get when I run the shipment cost information function from the quote:

0 deliveries created (simulation)

Message no. VY504

My quote does have schedule lines. I updated the schedule line category (BN) to be relevant for delivery as well.

When I try to run the shipment cost information function from the order I get the message:

Goods types directory could not be determined

Message no. VW803

Thanks,

Alison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check out this OSS Note, looks promising for the first problem. It has requisite config points to make this work, especially on copy control side. I am thinking this may work for the second message VW803 you got for a Sales order as well

749779 - Information VY504: No deliveries created (simulation)

Hope you have not seen this already and it turns out to be useful.

Let me know.