cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Response Time in ST03N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All -

I am trying to determine total response time from a user perspective. I am looking at our workload statistics in transaction ST03n.

I understand that GUI Time and Front-End Network time are separate components of response time. I am trying to determine if they are already included in "Average Response Time per Dialog Step".

When I look at F1 help in ST03n, it tells me that Avg. Response Time "This also includes the time used for "roundtrips" to transfer data from the front end to the application server and back. This time is recorded as roll wait time on the application server, while it is displayed as GUI time on the frontend."

However, when I look at help online, it tells me that Avg. Response Time does NOT include GUI time or Front-End time.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/21/2c8f38c7215428e10000009b38f8cf/content.htm

"Average time between the time at which a dialog process sends a request to a dispatcher work process, and the time at which the dialog is complete and the data is transferred to the presentation layer.

The response time does not include the time for transferring the data from the SAP front end to the application server. Networks with bad performance can therefore have larger subjective response times. The transfer time is included in the GUI time and the front end network time."

Does anyone know whether the total average user response time is simply the "average response time per dialog step", or "average reponse time per dialog step" + "average FE network time" + "average GUI time". I'm pretty confused.

Thanks for the help!

Abby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case this helps anyone else - this is the reply I got when I asked SAP this question:

the total user response time is response time + frontend network time.

GUI time is already included in the response time (it is the roll in andwait time from the application server's point of view).

The 'FE (Frontend) net time' is the time consumed in the network for thefirst transfer of data from the frontend to the application server andthe last transfer of data from the application server to the frontend

(during one dialog step).