cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS in SCM -how to connect?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on APO/ SCM5.0 (which is on netwaver 70), collaborative planning is used to share data (planning book) with external customers. We use integrated ITSfor this purpose, using standared internet services like CLP SDP (activated in SICF). Client has many questions on network security as they are sharing data through web (they never did before). I am not expert in ITS, i need your help. What is the best architecture to connect with internet, I know there is no single 'best' solution, but is the most prefered architecture .

Client not using Single signon (SSO).

Thanks in advance,

Edited by: BKN on Sep 13, 2010 5:10 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello BKN,

Securing the Integrated ITS is the same as securing the entire SAP Web Application Server.

I would like to suggest you to review the following presentation:

[Security in SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) Landscapes|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40b092d3-e011-2a10-8982-db3d43fe3b35&overridelayout=true]

Please check as of page (slide) 34 - "The integrated ITS".

You will find a sample architecture that might be used.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Cristiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cristiano,

Thanks for the helpful answer. I have further questions on releated subject,

1. Doesn anyone used web dispatcher (per slide# 38 in the presentation)? How easy and secure the network Web dispatcher?

2. At present we use standard HTML templates (avilable in SCM system), client wants changes in screens, can we copy and modify templates? or should we use web dynpro?

3. Does SNC (Supply network collaboration) uses ITS to share data in internet? any idea?

regards,

BKN

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello BKN,

1. Doesn anyone used web dispatcher (per slide# 38 in the presentation)? How easy and secure the network Web dispatcher?

As far as I know, the Web Dispatcher is used for load balancing purposes. How secure it is, I am 100% sure; maybe you can go through the Web Dispatcher online documentation and see something there?

2. At present we use standard HTML templates (avilable in SCM system), client wants changes in screens, can we copy and modify templates? or should we use web dynpro?

You can copy the original templates to your custom namespace and change them there. I am not sure about using WDA in this solution.

3. Does SNC (Supply network collaboration) uses ITS to share data in internet? any idea?

I think there are a few transaction codes that are not supported - you can check them in SE93 and see if "SAP GUI for HTML" is checked. Ok, even if the t-code is checked, a few resources might not work - it is up to each application to provide access via a given GUI type.

Best regards,

Cristiano

Answers (0)