cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing DTD as External Def.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My Customer gave one DTD file, when i import that under external Def. by seleting the Category a DTD and Messages from the first ELEMENT,I can able to see Structure name under messages TAB and i can able to see ../global/Global.dtd under External References TAB

When i see the imported DTD with mapping editor, it does not have all the structure according to the sample xml file.It has from the middle of the file

They gave another DTD "Global.dtd", i imported this also and this contains the rest of the structure missed above.

What to do in this case, why is this behavior here

REgards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Sep 13, 2010 10:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi

I agree with Supriya.. You have to import both DTD Files as one is referencing the other one..And you have to provide the path of the other DTD ( which is shown in the external definition) in the 'Source' place of the referenced DTD.

Then you will all the elements in the message mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Heloo Supriya / Guru,

Thanks so much for your replies..

1) I created External definition with status.dtd and this is showing path of ../global/Global.dtd in references TAB

2) Now created another external definition with Global.dtd

3) Mentioned the path ../global/Global.dtd in the 'Source' place of the referenced DTD.

When i am selecting the external def. created with "status.dtd" i am getting error as "no global key defined"

Please let me know how to proceed, am i missing some thing here??

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi

Can you validate those DTDs in XML validation softwares like XML Spy and see if they dont have any errors..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

whn i validated the both DTD's it is giving Valid only

But still the error remains same when i refer External Def. into mapping

Regards

Vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vamsi

Are you able to traverse your Global.dtd from Status.dtd when you are validating. Or Did you validate them separately...If you have validated them separately, try validating and traversing as i said above... If they are working good, try deleting and re-creating external definition in PI ( I know it sucks but its better to try )

If you still face the same issue..could you please post some screen shots of the issue..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guru,

>>If you have validated them separately, try validating and traversing as i said above.

As i have two separate file( status.dtd and Global.dtd), i validated them separately.

when i validate status.dtd file, it gave error like Error *opening local file,The system can't find the path specified* . then now i changed the path as C:\Global.dtd and placed Global.dtd file in C:/. Validation is fine now.

*<!-- Include Nistevo Global -->*

<!========================================================>

<!ENTITY % NISTEVO_GLOBAL PUBLIC "Global" "../global/Global.dtd">

%NISTEVO_GLOBAL;

the 2nd file Global.dtd validation is fine.

When i validated status.dtd, i couldn't traversed, how this works , i do not understand

I can send you both dtd file to you

Regards

Edited by: Vamsi Krishna on Sep 17, 2010 5:10 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I was misplacing the Global.dtd path , i was placing the path at status.dtd source it is wrong

i have to copy and paste the path referenced in global.dtd source

Thanks to all.Issue solved

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

These two are dependent DTDs and hence you have to import both in the system.

First DTD which you imported have reference to the second one, that is why in External Reference Tab, you saw the Global.dtd element.

Internally, first DTD calls the second one and hence when both the DTDs are available in system you can see the complete structure.

Refer the 'References' section from the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/26/9e97b0f525d743882936c2d6f375c7/frameset.htm

-Supriya.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VamSI,

when ever you open DTD in mapping, it will not be in order, you have to select root node in tha list ,if you select root node the structure will show corectly.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using some standard 3rd party tool, like XMLSpy to import that DTD and see for yourself if the data definition looks okay.

- Shibaji