Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining user groups with SUGR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have been searching for a way to perform a mass change to move users into a different user group. the "user group for authorization check" under the 'logon data' tab.

I was attempting to use documentation to maintain user groups via SU01 and SUGR, but when I import a list of users who need to be added to a group I have created (TERM for example) when I view the user's logon data in SU01 that change is not reflected.

Is the user group in the logon data tab independent from the user groups in SUGR? Or am I missing another step to update the user data (such as when you run PFUD to reconcile roles)?

Not sure, but any help would be greatly appreciated because we have to move a large number of users to a new group, and would prefer to not do it manually by maintaining each individual profile's user group information.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUGR change is in the Group tab of SU01 and not in (Logon data - User Group for Authorization check).

With the help of SU10 -> Authorization data and SUGR you can perform a mass change to move users to diffrent group. I have done it once and job would not take lot of time if you know what groups are to moved where ..

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

SUGR change is in the Group tab of SU01 and not in (Logon data - User Group for Authorization check).

With the help of SU10 -> Authorization data and SUGR you can perform a mass change to move users to diffrent group. I have done it once and job would not take lot of time if you know what groups are to moved where ..

0 Kudos

Thank you!

I know the groups they need to be moved from and to so this helped out. Just tested successfully.