cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Default Values when creating Material Components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Can you set default values so that every time you create a material components, certain fields are automatically populated? I want to explore if the Purchaing Group and Purchasing Org fields can be populated. In the create PR or create PO transactions, there is a "Personal Setting" function button where users can set their preferred default values. It his available in Cj20n?

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone, I guess the function is not available in CJ20n unlike in ME21N and ME51N. Screen Variant is not an option for now so I guess the solution is to train the users and hope they will get used to entering the PGroup and POrg in the Material Component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try substitutions for CJ20N.

Regards,

Harsh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

You may achieve this using screen variants, try SHD0 transaction. Search the forum for how to create screen variants, if you dont know.

I have tested this in my system and working fine, you have to create the screen variant for CJ20N, CJ01/CJ02 -> activity over view and CN21/CN22, if you are using these transactions too for the project system.

Praveen B

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kevin,

you can try to use parameter id...

for for purchasing group, use EKG while purchasing org is EKO. parameter ID is defined per user (you may use tcode SU3 then go to Paramters tab)

regards

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramesh - Option of using parameter id will be across modules and not to to spedific to CJ20n T code but can be used if suit to user.

Praveen - Screen variant will be development but can be explored.

If you go to ME21n or Me51n you will find tab called personal settings similar kind of functinality user is looking for Cj20n Trasaction. As I understand it is not there in PS at transaction level.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nitin,

I do agree with you

If you go to ME21n or Me51n you will find tab called personal settings similar kind of functinality user is looking for Cj20n Trasaction. As I understand it is not there in PS at transaction level.

But, the objective is to default the values for those fields and this can be achieved by Screen variants, as I have tested this in my system.

Ramesh,

I have tried PIDs as suggested by you but its not working in CJ20N/CN21/CN22/CJ01/CJ02.

Praveen

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Personal setting is function of MM to make ease of default entry for user. But I think similar to personal setting kind of funcation is not there in PS.

WIth Regards

Nitin P.