Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call an Outbound plug from UI- Droupdownbyindex - event ONSELECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I encountered a very strange issue today-

1. I created 2 views say V1 and V2.

2. i had a UI- Droupdownbyindex on my 1st view V1 which consist of only 2 records.

3. if user selects the second record i wanted to navigate to view V2.

4. So i called the outbound plug under ONSELECT Event of UI-Droupdownbyindex.

but on call of the V2 View, the view gets displayed for a fraction of second and it gives dump-

The ASSERT condition was violated.

so i created a button beside the dropdownbyindex, then i tried to navigate to V2.

in this case i am able to navigate but not by ONSELECT event of UI Dropdownbyindex.

is this a bug in WDA or we cannot navigate from ONSELECT EVENT Handler of a UI- Dropdownbyindex.

Regards,

Akash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your View V2 code, you must be writing some code in view V2 which is giving that error, may be your lead selection for drop down is getting lost and you are trying to access the lead selected item in View 2.

If you are saying that it goes to view 2 and then it gives dump, then something might be wrong there only..

Debug the hook method of View 2 and you fill surely find the error.

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I debuged my code and I noticed onselect method of dropdown is being called twice whcih leads to an error.

Can anyone tell what could be the reason?

Regards,

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

just see, if the same action is configured for 2 Ui elements..also you can put a breakpoint in hook methods to find out the flow of your program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

let me simplify the above question-

Can we navigate to a different view by calling an outbound plug from ONSELECT Event handler method of UI-Dropdownbyindex.

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Just call the method Fire_(plug_name) to navigate to another view inside the onselect method.

Thanks,

Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pham,

i tried the same but i am unable to call the other view, i am unable to call the plug, if i try to do that and run the application it

calls the other view but as soon as it reaches the view it displays the view for a fraction of second and then i get a DUMP with message "Assert condition violated".

Please help.

Regards,

Akash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Did you find the solution.?

I am also getting the same error.

Please update if you have resolved the issue.

Regards,

Shruti.