Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic attachment of freely programmed search help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

im trying to achieve something i havent seen yet implemented:

I have a table in which one of the column must have a search help.

i've programmed a search help for the field and attached in the context (freely programmed search help) but now it is needed to select the freely programmed search help based on data in the row.

example:

first row : John | Doe | 612411 | Person

second row: Robo| Cop | 453534 | Robot.

table structure : Name / Surname/ Id / Type.

i have a search help for the id which also fills the name and the surname.

If i want to call a different search help for the name field depending whether its a robot or a person i need to therfore attach the search help during runtime based on the row data.

otherwise ill have to somehow extract the whole row data within the freely programmed search help which is not acceptable.

Is this possible by any chance?

I hope i have made myself clear.

Thanks in advance,

Udi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Madhu2004
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

we can change the value help atatched to an attribute at runtime using the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP of IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO interface. Issue is to track the exact place where you need to chnage the value help.

Madhu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> hi

>

> we can change the value help atatched to an attribute at runtime using the method SET_ATTRIBUTE_VALUE_HELP of IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE_INFO interface. Issue is to track the exact place where you need to chnage the value help.

>

> Madhu

The problem with this approach is that the node info is at the node level. Therefore it can never be element specific.

I've done what you describe but the approach is complicated. You will need to split this column into two different context attributes. You then use two different table cell editors (as cell variants) under this one column in the table. Bind the Variant property of the table to another context attribute. This bound attribute will control which cell editor (and therefore which context attribute/value help) is rendered at the row level.

Answers (0)