Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting error while installation bi system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

please look into my issue

when i started my installation from installation master

in central system screen i selected pre requests and select next button but the system shows error please check in below

child /tmp/sapinst_exe.958672.1284391332/sapinst (pid 852188) has crashed. Executable directory is /tmp/sapinst_exe.958672.1284391332. Contact Support.

iaextract.c:888: child has signaled an exec error. Keeping directory /tmp/sapinst_exe.958672.1284391332

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

thunder_feng
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi swathimatta

From the error you pasted here, we can know that definitely your OS is a certain Unix/Linux platform, as the file name is:

/tmp/sapinst_exe.

It is hard to identify the root reason without an OS expert, but what I would like to suggest you is:

1. check the intallation guide again, and especially the OS prerequirment section, to make sure all the requirements have bee

fulfilled.

2. there should be some notes also regarding the version/platform you are installling, please check the notes if there is any similar

issue discussed.

Thanks and best regards,

Thunder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Installing SAP in windows server 2008 R2 is not supported. So ensure that u r not using Winsows server R2. Also make sure that there are no other SAPINST service is not running.

Regards,

Varadharajan M