Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to release transport -> Null predecessor activity detected

joachimvanpraet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm not able to release my activities for transport.

I get this error in NWDS when I rightclick my activity and choose "Release":

Null predecessor activity detected

I tried via the cms tool. This tool returns an error message:

:cms>rel -s  all -u GEN_Portal

Contacting DTR to get all waiting activities in software component spe.com_INTRANET for user GEN_Portal. Please be patient.
Printing all activities in software component spe.com_INTRANET of user GEN_Portal that can be released.
First column shows the displayname, second column the objectID and third columnthe owner of the activity.

Upgrade intranet: fix detailed navigation       9440656cbf1911df847900144f7912d8        GEN_PORTAL
Intranet upgrade: detailnav      		faa147b9bf1b11dfce8300144f7912d8        GEN_PORTAL
Upgrade intranet: fix detailed navigation       c5c709ccbf0d11df81ca00144f7912d8        GEN_PORTAL

Do you really want to release all activities in software component spe.com_INTRA
NET of user GEN_Portal? (y/n)y

Releasing following activity(s) for software component spe.com_INTRANET (First c
olumn shows the displayname, second column the objectID and third column the own
er of the activity):
Upgrade intranet: fix detailed navigation        c5c709ccbf0d11df81ca00144f7912d
8        GEN_PORTAL
Upgrade intranet: fix detailed navigation        9440656cbf1911df847900144f7912d
8        GEN_PORTAL
Intranet upgrade: detailnav      faa147b9bf1b11dfce8300144f7912d8        GEN_POR
TAL

Calculating predecessor activities.
Exception while reading predecessor activities. Abort release of activities.
<--Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSExceptionM
essages', ID='CalculatePredecessorException_NullPredecessorActivity', Arguments:
 []--> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key Ca
lculatePredecessorException_NullPredecessorActivity

What can I do to solve this issue?

thanks,

Joachim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

I was looking for solution for you case but so far without luck unfortunately. Do you still face the same problem, or did you manage to resolve it in the meantime?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Ervin

joachimvanpraet
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

We are still facing the same problem.

At the moment there is no time to investigate this problem.

In our case this track contains only 3 portal apps, so we are deploying these applications manually.

kr,

Joachim