Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use IBAN number in outbound INVOIC IDOC

walter_littani
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for a field to store the IBAN number in outbound INVOIC IDOC's. Apparently there is no separate field available for this. I would like to avoid extending the current IDOC structure and I would have expected the IBAN number to be part of the SAP standard outbound INVOIC idoc.

Has anyone encountered the same requirement? I have looked at the standard INVOIC01 and INVOIC02 structure.

Thanks

Walter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Walter,

IBAN = International Bank Account Number, yes?

E1EDK28 contains house bank data. If it is not populating the IBAN on that segment, you can use a user exit to overwrite an existing segment in field ACNUM. Alternatively, have the user exit add another occurrence of E1EDK28 for your IBAN data. Max occurrences of that segment is 20 on INVOIC02.

Regards,

Ken

walter_littani
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the response. I'm indeed looking at the international bank account number.

I was hoping that SAP somewhere does have a solution to send the IBAN numbers and not that we have to overwrite the ACNUM field or create our own segment. I want to pass the regular bank account and the IBAN number in our IDOC so that we do not need to decide within SAP if a customer requires the IBAN number or any other number. We want to make that decision in our EDI mapping, not in SAP. I'm surprised SAP has not foreseen anything for this as the IBAN is widely used within Europe.

We already have a problem that we have more than 20 house bank with more than 20 bank accounts, so the SAP limitation of 20 K28 segments is already creating a problem for us.

I guess we will need to setup our own coding in the user exit. Thanks for your response anyway.

Regards

Walter