SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with Availability control in the Former Budgeting. System checks annual values when I post FI documents, while I need to check period values for each month. E.g. budget is 1000$ for first month and 2000$ for second, but system permits me to post document for second month with 3000$, although it should prohibit.

How can I fix it? We are using SAP ECC 6.0.

Best Regards,

Yaroslav.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible somehow to do this with Former Budgeting?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Yaroslav

Your request is available in Ehp4 , by using the new FM Account assignment element 'Budgeting period', with BCS.

In older releases, other customers have achieved such behaviour by defining one AVC ledger per month but with BCS too.

Standard AVC works on annual basis

This thread is helpful for you too:

[]

And this link:

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/f0/ca5716260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

Master Data -> Budget period

Hope this will help you.

Kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible somehow to do this with Former Budgeting?

0 Kudos

Hi Yaroslav,

You can make a workaround with the help of certain FM object which is not in use currently in your system (for example, fund or funded program, if you don't use it) for this purpose. Imagine, that you could have 12 funds - each fund represents a month - and you can budget these funds accordingly. Then, in FMDERIVE you could simply tell the system to derive the fund based on the posting date of the document. So, if fund 'May' is budgeted for $1,000 and you have a document with posting date in May for $1,100 - you'll receive an availability error.

Regards,

Eli

P.S. Migrate to BCS - you will have much more sophisticated budget management system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Eli!

I didn't even think about using funds...

Best regards,

Yaroslav.