cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approver cannot view work items in UWL, authorisation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

An approver has the manager role. All the portal settings have been configured. However, the approver cannot view the work items in the UWL. Only when he has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW does he see the work items. How can I get the approver to see his items without giving him SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW.

We are on SRM 7.0. The role the approver has is/SAPSRM/MANAGER

Please advise,

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as bharahtan said , you must assign PORTAL manager role as well.

to see work item in the UWL

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As Bharath and Muthu mentioned, its a problem with tole. Map your correct SRM role to correct Portal Role for this purpose

Regards

Virender SIngh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

User has the SRM manager role (/SAPSRM/MANAGER) as well as the Portal Manager role (com.sap.pct.srm.core.ro_manager) and still cannot see his work items to approve. The UWL settings have been done as well. The only way he does see his items is with SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you activate the trace & see which role exactly missing???

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the missing piece in /SAPSRM/MANAGER I see only the following auth object maintained under BBP Component

SRM: Advanced Search

Authorization object for contracts in SRM5

SRM Bid Invitation

SRM: Process Purchase Orders

SRM: Process Bids

SRM: User Function / Role

But we need u201CSRM: Process Shopping Cartsu201D also for the manager to process the SC and see the work item in UWL..

As I advised already try to create your own role and assign to the manageru2026

This should solve your issue..

Thanks!!

Bharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

Have a look at this note. Also if the note still do not solve your purpose , have a trace set for the user and add all missing authorization in a separate role and assign it to manager , it think this will need to be assigned to all users which requires UWL. What i can say there us lot of RFC authorization missing in standard role like RFC1 , RFC2 , SALRT_CUST etc

Cheers

Iftekhar Alam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepa,

This is purely a security issue.. You may need to derive a separate role for your org manager or coordinate with your security team and run a trace to figer out what role that particular manager missing..

Thanks!!

Bharath