Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access remote user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have sap erp installed..

im using sap from home, and after sometimes when im not using it s giving time_out error

does have any parameter which I can add for external time_out access?

regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume that u r facing the issue only when u r connecting the SAP servers from home. (I hope u are connecting the SAP servers through VPN) If this is the case, u can check with the network team regarding the time out.

If the disconnection happens due to network settings then u could find an entry in the system log(SM21). Else u need to check various SAP related time out parameters (GUI, WP and so on)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Parameter is "rdisp/gui_auto_logout" Please check this parameter.

Normally the purpose of this parameter is suppose if a user is logged in to the system and is inactive from the time specified in the parameter then it will automatically log that user out from the system to save the resources which cab be utilized by other active users

Please check the value of this parameter.

Let me know if this works.

BR,

Sanjeev Nagalikar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The value of this parameter is = 0;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes I like to add some points like for the parameter RDISP/MAX_GUI_TIMEOUT=0.

Basically the initial time will be given 60 sec and it will be @ 2700 sec ya. You can provide the values according to the business ok.

The below 2 Parameters reffers to both time out problems.

RDISP/MAX_WPRUN_TIME= 3600

rdisp/gui_auto_logout=2700

With Regards,

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Some background info for you::

The SAP Internet Transaction Server (ITS) enables you to set the time span using the ~timeout parameter

after a session is automatically terminated.

The SAP system offers a similar function by means of the ""rdisp/gui_auto_logout"" profile parameter. This note provides

information about how you set this parameter.

The dispatcher checks regularly whether a GUI has not sent any data to the dispatcher or not with reference to the

Param:: rdisp/gui_auto_logout.

If this is the case, the system terminates the connection to the GUI. You can use this parameter to log off users that are logged onto the system but are no longer working in the system.

Another result of the simple check is that the connection to GUIs by users who cannot enter any data in the GUI (because a program runs for longer than rdisp/gui_auto_logout) is also separated

Check these Params::

1) ~timeout > rdisp/gui_auto_logout (Appserver terminates session)

2) ~timeout < rdisp/gui_auto_logout (ITS terminates session)

3) ~timeout = rdisp/gui_auto_logout (session terminated by arbitrary person)

Let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,

Sanjeev Nagalikar