Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP Type settings for Like profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

Could you please help me on that?

I just would like to know how should i set up my item when doing Like profile?

How should i set up the MRP type for the what that has been replaced?

Thanks for your support

Ca

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find enclosed herewith the link with detail information regarding Like profile used in APO DP for forecasting..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regarding MRP type, I am really not sure wht you are looking for here. This MRP type is maintained in ECC system which can be used for activating the products in APO SNP if we maintain the MRP Type as X0.

I think we should not change anything wtih MRP Type, if we are ussing Like profile in APO DP.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

Thanks for your reply.

Well, regarding MRP type i am trying to understand how exactly should be manage the item which is the predecessor.

I was told that the MRP type for that should be "ZZ", however in the version which i work we dont have it.

Meanwhile, if you could briefly examplain me: How it would be the real advantage for using the like profile, instead eg: Copy the forescast from "old" item and "paste" as manual forecast in the "new" item!?

Thanks for the answers.

CC

Former Member
0 Kudos

CaioCesar,

MRP Type of the product and Like Profile are two unrelated things. MRP Type does not have bearing on your Old product (the one to be replaced).

Here are you two possible options:

1. You could use a Phase out profile so that you dont get any forecast for your old product.

OR

2. Apply Realignment and replace the old product with the new product along with the a 100 % history copy. Here you will have the option to delete the product completely from the system,But if you want to retain the Product history and If you do not wish to delete the CVCs related to the Old product, then dont use the delete option and apply a Phase Out profile to the Old product. This should give you NO Forecast for old product.

Use this approach if your system is way ahead in realization. But if you are still in Design phase, there are other better ways to handle this.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Hari Vomkarey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for that support guys.

I will start to have some tests.

Thanks again

CC