cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too Many Table logs in DBTABLOG, RSTBPDEL is taking too much time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one of our CRM system, DBTABLOG table is logging one table which is having 1 Billion entries right now. Business dont want to switch off the logging at this moment. But the table is increasing rapidly 42 Gb per month. RSTBPDEL program is running from weeks to delete them, but no control on increment.

Can you please suggest any way to delete them quickly at first, so that my house keeping job will run daily and finish soon.

Regards,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 Billion entries right now. Business dont want to switch off the logging at this moment. But the table is increasing rapidly 42 Gb per month.

Does your business know that they won't be able to verify any of the changes to that table at all. Transaction SLG1 is just not capable of handling that much data. Try to select a single day, i predict you will fail.

Turning of the logging is in my opinion the only way to go.

Cheers Michael

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohan,

The DBTABLOG table does get large, the best is to switch off logging. If that's not possible, increase the frequency of your delete job, also explore one more alternative have a look at the archival object: BC_DBLOGS, you could archive old records (in accordance with your customer's data retention policies) to reduce the size of the table.

Also, have a look at the following notes, they will advise you on how to improve the performance of your delete job:

Note 531923 - Audit Trail: Indexes on table DBTABLOG

Note 579980 - Table logs: Performance during access to DBTABLOG

Regards,

Siddhesh