cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in SAP-Script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating one report form using SAP Script, it is a replacement of standard SAP Script and which uses standard driver program. I am getting one dump while running SAP Script, it shows like "variable with name 'XXX' has not been used in so and so window".

In that window there is a code block like,

/: IF XXX == 'yes'

/: ENDIF

As I dont want this block I have commented this like,

/* IF XXX == 'yes'

/* ....

/* ENDIF

Please let me know how to overcome this short-dump and provide solution why such dump is comming?

<<removed by moderator>>

Edited by: kishan P on Sep 13, 2010 4:19 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is one of the problem of Standard SAP Script driver program, we can over come easily, we no need to comment anything rather do follow the code you can easily solve your issue, I also face the same issue previously.

your code is,

/: IF XXX = 'Yes'

like this means, then change the code like this,

/: IF 1 = 2

/: IF XXX = 'Yes'

here, you didnt write any comment, also the code will never execute.

Why we are doing this means, driver program expects particular variable has to be used in particular window, but it never expects that variable has to be executed. By using this code you can use the variable also it will never be executed.

Hope it will be helpful. If you find any other solution please let me know, Thank you:)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

erm should'nt this read

/: IF &XXX& == 'yes'

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can uncomment the IF and ENDIF statements and keep commented the code inside. Hope this works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your prompt reply. You are right, but some other variable is used inside that condition making short dump, like "YYY has to be used in that window". Please refer the below code.

Code is now like,

/: IF XXX...

/* YYY

/: ELSE

/*ZZZ