cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block port on Value Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Whenever there is a Value or Import exception,port is not blocked but now customer wants to block the port in case of Value Exception as there can be scenario where a record is updated in the source system but due to some issue it failed under value exception. A different user updates the same record in source system and it pass through MDM correctly. Now some one will check the value exception and process the record manually which will overwrite the changes .

Kindly suggest if there is some method to block port in case of value and import exception.

Thanks and Regards,

Neethu Joy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

The port will be blocked ONLY in case of Structural Exceptions.

Even if you set the import for Fail, i believe you can see the status as "Has Exceptions" , but the port will not be blocked.

As a work around, you can use PI for monitoring and check the file which could not be imported.

Thanks,

Priti

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help but i wanted a workaround and has found one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I to have a similarly requirement, please share the work around

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

We did some process levele changes.Can you please explain your exact requirement so I can better help you.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is such,

whenever there is an exception be it structural, value or import, a mail should be triggered to the support team, and the port should be block, till the exception is resolved.

What do you mean by process level changes, not getting it...

Regards,

Abhishek

Edited by: Abhishek Biwal on Jan 13, 2012 5:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

You can use PI to trigger mail if there any exception or can also go for CCMS monitoring.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu

As rightly explained blocking the port for Value and Import exceptions is not possible.

Now coming to the initial requirement- *there can be scenario where a record is updated in the source system but due to some issue it failed under value exception. A different user updates the same record in source system and it pass through MDM correctly. Now some one will check the value exception and process the record manually which will overwrite the changes .

Why should this happen- For the lookup values how are you refreshing MDM from the source system? If this is not automated the above makes a scenario for automatically refreshing the lookup values from the source system to MDM.

Also if the User1 is wrongly editing a record in source system MDM by design is not allowing to import that record. User2 edits(corrects) the record in source system again which is reflected in MDM correctly. Here if the client needs to see the changes made at record level (by user1/all incorrect updates) then the change tracking or logs should be seen/developed in the source system itself- since MDM has been designed to filter correct records flow only.

Hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As fas as i am concerned this is not possible.You can put constraint on structural exception only.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the response

We cannot block port on value exception but is there any workaround we can deal with this situation .

Thanks and Regards,

Neethu Joy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

As per my understanding, value exceptions come only if you don't have that value already existing in MDM. So in this case try setting Property Upmapped Value Handling = Fail in configuration options of MDM Import Manager and save this in your Map.

So whenever a new value which does not exist in MDM comes, this file record will fail and thus you can have file available(block) in value exception folder of your repository port.

Just check and revert with result.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Kindly Follow the step :

1. select Inbound port in MDM console and set Block on strctural exceptions = "Yes"

2. change in import map i.e Import manager configuration setting Under Default MDIS Handling -

>

Upmapped Value Handling = Ignore\Add\*Fail* Set to Fail

Hope Above mention point will resolved the problem if not revert back

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Edited by: jignesh patel on Sep 13, 2010 3:58 PM