cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching of Document based on Title of "Original"

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can any body help me to search the document (CV04N -T Code) based on Description given on "Application" column in Originals.

YPB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just as Mr Ravindra told you you can use the TREX functionality to full text index the originals. This functionality has changed name and are now called SAP Enterprise Search but the functionality is the same.

You can also use table DMS_DOC_FILES and search for the description here. This might not be a end user solution because you need access to transaction se16.

Kind regards,

Kristoffer Pehrson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to Mr Kristoffer Pehrson for prompt reply.

Can you help me, how to use this TREX functionality.

Kind regards

YPB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is in continuation to earlier post.

Table-DMS_DOC_FILES contains data related to DOKAR, DOKNR, FILENAME which is actually not my major concern. I am more interested in searching of document based on the description inputed by the user in Application Column in "Originals" Block screen which is a secon column to application extension format.

Can you help me.

Kind regards

YPB

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I understand TREX functionality works on Netweaver whereas I require searching functionality in R3 only.

Where can I get the searching functionality in R3 based on Title of Application column of "Originals"

Kind regards

YPB

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A quick summary here:

You need a TRex server installed - that is a prequisite for the following solutions.

I'm not sure the content search in DMS searches in that column, but embedded search and search engine service both do. Embedded search is the newer one, (avilable from ehp3 i think).

So short answer - install a TREX, activate Embedded/Enteprise search in SFW5, activate the search for DIR's and you have search for the title.

Espen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YPB,

While you save the document,In description filed U better enter description along with the application.

While you search the document in CV04N, enter application in description field and execute so that relevant application file will be displayed.

Regards

Bhanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

...also take a look at some SAP Consulting solutions for CV04N

(scroll down to title: "PLM CS TREX based DMS Search")

[SAP can modify the standard DMS search|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLMCS/SAPPLMConsulting+Solutions]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YPB,

This is not feasible in standard functions of dms.There is no provision to search the documents based on description given to original. But you can also search text in original with help of additional tool which you can confirm from SAP marketplace.

Hope this will resolve the query.

Regards,

Ravindra